+ Reply to Thread

Default Hello...My Story..recommend?

Hi guys..I'm new to this. I've been dealing with hairloss since I was 23 yrs old. It may have started even earlier but that was the point I realized it was happening. By the time I hit 27 it was noticeable to everyone who saw me. They would make comments like "your going bald" and "man your looking old". I been quite depressed I even looked into booking a trip and setting up for the hair transplant surgery at a clinic that was not well known in order for me to afford it. My family talked me out of it of course and I lost the money on the plane ticket and down payment on the surgery. I was using cover up products like dermmatch and hair cubed at the time so to them it didn't look like I needed it. They said just keep using what your using. So I did. After about 1 yr I got use to just using these products every morning. Yes my bathroom has black dust all over everything but they have worked well in me prolonging the stress and worry. I'm 31 now and these products aren't doing as good of a job as they once did..well probably because I've lost alot more hair. I have become depressed again and I'm realizing I need help. I cant keep just hiding it. Does anyone have a well known working regimen that I could do to get my hair to regrow. I have a completely bald spot on my crown. I want help to get better. I feel like I can't live life like this. .I don't do anything I use to when I was younger for the fear that someone will notice my balding head. I'm willing to put in work and or money to fix this and try to get back on track with life. Does anyone have a good reccomendation for my current situation? I'm crying out for help

First of all, you're not alone, and I bet by now there are a fair few of your friends that would be seeing some form of hair loss in their lives.

With that said, I know that doesn't make it any easier for you to deal with.

Without pictures it is hard to tell, but most users here will recommend propecia and minoxidil until better treatments come out. Should that ever happen.

Don't freak out, you're doing just fine.

Thank you...it's just Ive heard more horror stories than anything on Propecia and minoxidil