Threaded View

Default Please help. Do you think I will become bald when I'm older?

I'm 18 and I've recently noticed that my hairline is in a sort of M shape. Here are some pictures:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161126_233036128_HDR[1].jpg

Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	49632Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161126_233043385_HDR[1].jpg

Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	49633Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161127_240222725_HDR[1].jpg

Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	49635Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161126_233055423_HDR[1].jpg

Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	49636

(that last picture doesn't really show what my hair looks like. I'm pretty sure it's just the lighting but I thought I might add it anyways)

I've just gotten used to the idea of styling my hair and I'm fairly proud of what I've accomplished. To have this all taken away really saddens me.

I've always had a sort of M shaped hairline I think. I say "I think" because I haven't always styled my hair up so I don't remember clearly how it was before. However, just today I feel like it hasn't always receded this far back.

Do you think I'm starting to go bald or is it just the way my hair is styled right now? My father and both my grandfathers are bald so I've probably inherited that gene but I never thought balding could start this early. I actually think the M look is nice (Leonardo Dicaprio, Daniel Craig and Ryan Reynolds for example) but I don't want it to go further than the M. If you do think I'm going bald, how long do you think it's gonna take before I get other signs of hair loss?

Are there things I can do to prevent hair loss? Like switch shampoos? (I am currently using Dove men's care Anti Dandruff 2 in 1). Maybe using a less aggressive styling process? (I use a hairdryer and a paddle brush right now). Or are there any vitamins I should be having more of? (I'm a college student... That give you an idea of how I eat at the moment). Even if my hairline isn't receding right now I want to know how I can better prepare for that inevitable moment.

THANK YOU. So much if you read all of that. It means a lot to me that anyone would take any time out of their day to read this. Please if you have anything to share would you please do so? Thank you again.