X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tuna123
    • Nov 2016

What are my options?

Hey boys,

I began balding some 3-4 years ago, but it's picked up a bit the last year, so starting to looking into solutions. From how it looks now, I'm fairly certain I will end up with Norwood 4 or maybe even 5. I'm 29 years old.

What are my options here? Can I do a FUE and get back to Norwood 3 perhaps? Or can I do FUE, supply with SMP and keep the hair short? Or do I just embrace it?

Previously I took Minodioxil, but got tinnitus from taking it, so not too keen on getting back on it. Same goes for propecia.

This is how the top looks right now:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	29 sep 2016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	479989

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
  • KO1
    • Jan 2012

Tinnitus from propecia?

Comment

• WHTC Clinic
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Oct 2013

You may have a good chance to get to a NW 3v, but your donor resources will determine your success. Can you post a photo of the entire donor region (areas behind & near the ears)?
      Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
      London, UK - Available (Sat.)
      Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
      Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
      Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
      customer.care@mywhtc.com
      Telephone
      +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
      +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
      les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Comment

• tuna123
        • Nov 2016

No, from minodioxil.

Comment

• tuna123
          • Nov 2016

Thanks, here's my area behind/near the ears

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6174.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	441037

Comment

• Driver
            • Nov 2015

I think you need to proceed with great caution, my friend. You are functionally a NW6 now and your density in the back looks low in the pic you posted. You may be a high risk HT pt.

Maybe shave it for a bit and see how it suits you.

Comment

• tuna123
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Driver
              I think you need to proceed with great caution, my friend. You are functionally a NW6 now and your density in the back looks low in the pic you posted. You may be a high risk HT pt.

Maybe shave it for a bit and see how it suits you.
              Thanks for the advice. The density might look lower than it actual is, because I got blond hair.

So what's the risk with a FUE? I'm aware that down the line I might lose more hair and it would look odd, but can't I get another FUE then to spread out the hair?

And any opinion on maybe doing SMP?

Comment

• KO1
                • Jan 2012

Why can't you take finateride?

Comment

• Driver
                  • Nov 2015

Originally posted by tuna123
                  Thanks for the advice. The density might look lower than it actual is, because I got blond hair.

So what's the risk with a FUE? I'm aware that down the line I might lose more hair and it would look odd, but can't I get another FUE then to spread out the hair?

And any opinion on maybe doing SMP?
                  If you get FUE with a low donor density you may end up with an over-harvested or "moth eaten" donor site.

Comment

• tuna123
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Driver
                    If you get FUE with a low donor density you may end up with an over-harvested or "moth eaten" donor site.
                    I wouldn't need much though. I have absolutely no expectations of getting a full hair back, just want a little shade and keep it super short. If I could get the same amount as I have in the top back part of my head right now, I'd be happy.

Comment

• tuna123
                      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by KO1
                      Why can't you take finateride?
                      After developing permanent tinnitus after taking minodioxil, I'm not too keen on trying out a product that a lot more people gets sides from.

Comment

• k9gatton
                        • Oct 2016

I wouldn't need much though. I have absolutely no expectations of getting a full hair back, just want a little shade and keep it super short. If I could get the same amount as I have in the top back part of my head right now, I'd be happy.

It's aggressive, as you already know. You might want to consider PRP, which uses growth from your own blood and starts to grow hair.

Unfortunately when androgen alopecia starts this young, it's much more aggressive than guys who only have a receding hairline at
                        your age.

Aprikot P is another medication that you should definitely start on. A friend of mine did, although I never tried it myself. My friend went from a Norwood four to almost a Norwood one.

Strongly recommend Adrovart for you, and 0.5 milligrams. You have to act fast my friend, because it will be too late once the hair is completely gone for a few years. Nothing will probably get it back at that point.

At least do this while the area is still diffuse. If you don't, I fear it might be too late my friend. Because usually Platelette plasma therapy only works when there's still diffuse terminal hair left.

Comment

• tuna123
                          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by k9gatton

It's aggressive, as you already know. You might want to consider PRP, which uses growth from your own blood and starts to grow hair.

Unfortunately when androgen alopecia starts this young, it's much more aggressive than guys who only have a receding hairline at
                          your age.

Aprikot P is another medication that you should definitely start on. A friend of mine did, although I never tried it myself. My friend went from a Norwood four to almost a Norwood one.

Strongly recommend Adrovart for you, and 0.5 milligrams. You have to act fast my friend, because it will be too late once the hair is completely gone for a few years. Nothing will probably get it back at that point.

At least do this while the area is still diffuse. If you don't, I fear it might be too late my friend. Because usually Platelette plasma therapy only works when there's still diffuse terminal hair left.
                          I've never heard of both Aprikot and Adrovart and a Google search brings up nada. Can you link to some more information?

Comment

• KO1
                            • Jan 2012

After developing permanent tinnitus after taking minodioxil, I'm not too keen on trying out a product that a lot more people gets sides from.
                            If you are unwilling to take finasteride, you may not be a good candidate for surgery. But it may be possible to meet your goals with a combination of FUE and SMP. I would suggest you consult with a doctor in person who will check your donor under magnification and be able to advise how many grafts can be harvested. I would also suggest multiple consults in person, they'll be worth your time and money.

Comment

• k9gatton
                              • Oct 2016

I've never heard of both Aprikot and Adrovart and a Google search brings up nada. Can you link to some more information?

Sure. I got the name wrong. It's Alpricot F. I never used this, but my friend did. He got great results. Just so you know it's a topical Estrogen. Also I've never ordered from the link I'm giving you.

Adrovart is Dustasteride. It's similar to Finasteride, except it blocks 90% of DHT. Finasteride only blocks 70%.
                              Currently I use topical Progesterone and Finasteride combined, so I don't take Dustasteride.

Comment

Working...