+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Why can't you take finateride?
    After developing permanent tinnitus after taking minodioxil, I'm not too keen on trying out a product that a lot more people gets sides from.

Quote Originally Posted by tuna123 View Post
    I wouldn't need much though. I have absolutely no expectations of getting a full hair back, just want a little shade and keep it super short. If I could get the same amount as I have in the top back part of my head right now, I'd be happy.

It's aggressive, as you already know. You might want to consider PRP, which uses growth from your own blood and starts to grow hair.

Unfortunately when androgen alopecia starts this young, it's much more aggressive than guys who only have a receding hairline at
    your age.

Aprikot P is another medication that you should definitely start on. A friend of mine did, although I never tried it myself. My friend went from a Norwood four to almost a Norwood one.

Strongly recommend Adrovart for you, and 0.5 milligrams. You have to act fast my friend, because it will be too late once the hair is completely gone for a few years. Nothing will probably get it back at that point.

At least do this while the area is still diffuse. If you don't, I fear it might be too late my friend. Because usually Platelette plasma therapy only works when there's still diffuse terminal hair left.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post

It's aggressive, as you already know. You might want to consider PRP, which uses growth from your own blood and starts to grow hair.

Unfortunately when androgen alopecia starts this young, it's much more aggressive than guys who only have a receding hairline at
    your age.

Aprikot P is another medication that you should definitely start on. A friend of mine did, although I never tried it myself. My friend went from a Norwood four to almost a Norwood one.

Strongly recommend Adrovart for you, and 0.5 milligrams. You have to act fast my friend, because it will be too late once the hair is completely gone for a few years. Nothing will probably get it back at that point.

At least do this while the area is still diffuse. If you don't, I fear it might be too late my friend. Because usually Platelette plasma therapy only works when there's still diffuse terminal hair left.
    I've never heard of both Aprikot and Adrovart and a Google search brings up nada. Can you link to some more information?

After developing permanent tinnitus after taking minodioxil, I'm not too keen on trying out a product that a lot more people gets sides from.
    If you are unwilling to take finasteride, you may not be a good candidate for surgery. But it may be possible to meet your goals with a combination of FUE and SMP. I would suggest you consult with a doctor in person who will check your donor under magnification and be able to advise how many grafts can be harvested. I would also suggest multiple consults in person, they'll be worth your time and money.

I've never heard of both Aprikot and Adrovart and a Google search brings up nada. Can you link to some more information?

Sure. I got the name wrong. It's Alpricot F. I never used this, but my friend did. He got great results. Just so you know it's a topical Estrogen. Also I've never ordered from the link I'm giving you.

http://brandmedicines.com/index.php?...oducts_id=1396

Adrovart is Dustasteride. It's similar to Finasteride, except it blocks 90% of DHT. Finasteride only blocks 70%.
    Currently I use topical Progesterone and Finasteride combined, so I don't take Dustasteride.

Hormone replacement or additive therapy is something to be very careful about. New research is popping up all over the place that further supports many types of cancers are caused by synthetic hormones as well as chemicals that change production of hormones. I would tread lightly with hormonal therapies. I personally would never feel safe taking Propecia even though so far I don't think it's coorelated with any cancers we thought the same about many HRT until recently.