+ Reply to Thread

Default Hairloss at a young age, using dermaroller +minoxidil

Hello everyone, long time lurker here. I'm 20 yes old and have been thinning slowly since I was 15 (2012). I wouldn't say I'm really at a NW anything because my hairline is still in tactt my vertex is badly thinning and recently it has accelerated, so I'll try to explain...
    I noticed my vertex was thinning in the 10th grade but it was slight so I just wore a high top hair cut (I'm black) and covered it up so it wasn't noticeable. November of (2014) I started using minoxidil on my vertex ( my hairline wasnt thinning). I was on it for a year and a half and I saw no difference what so ever so I tried saw palmetto and gradually replaced the minoxidil until I eventually stopped using it in April 2016 . That turned out to be a huge mistake because my hair was falling out in clumps so I guess it was helping me keep my hair after all. Even after all the shedding My hair loss is still concealable with what my friends refer to as my signature haircut now lol ( high curly top) , little do they know that is the only hair cut I can get. But in October of this year I decided to get back on minoxidil, intsead of just using it on my vertex I have been using it on my whole head. I have been using The Special Hair Regrowth Treatment because it has minoxidil, DHT blockers, and Biotin. Also this go around I'm using a 1.0 dermaroller once a week to Increase whatever results I may get. I'm terrified because I've been on this new regimen for a little over a month and my hair shed has been awful... my hairline has always been pretty strong but now it has thinned and I can see the shape of a horse shoe forming and my crown thinning is spreading even further so now when my hair is wet I can see a little bit of a horse shoe forming. I was excited at first because I thought the shed was from the minoxidil but then I realized I have massive sheds after I dermaroll so I honestly have no clue. The sad thing is in just a few months my hair loss has progressesd more than it has in 5 years. Though my hair loss is bad I can still conceal it with my "signature haircut". My vertex is thin but I don't really have a bald spot, my hair is there but it is just really thin. I feel I do have potential for regrowth if this treatment helps so I will make updates. Is there anyone out there that can give me some type of advice or reassurance about this recent shed I've had because I am really freaking tf out because if it doesn't at least get back to baseline I might need to consider buzzing it off... also is dermarolling supposed to make me shed almost 30-40 hairs in the shower a session?

- 1 week update/observation-
    So for those of you who saw my desperate plea for help/ answers I finally have some good news in my hair loss struggle. I know 1 week isn't a lot of time to grow hairs but just hear me out... so I have a callick, which is a part in the front of the hairline where hair grows backwards against the rest of your hair, as I got older and my hairline "matured" my callick just thinned and became a gap in my hairline. About 5 days ago I noticed a lot of small hairs that were beginning to fill it in,
    Upon further observation of my scalp I noticed small hairs that are similar all over my hairline. Most of the hairs are actually pushing my hairline back down which is a very good sign that the treatment is working. They do seem to be getting thicker so I am intrested to see if they will become regular hairs. But what excites me the most is the top of my head which had thinned at an alarming rate is now covered with tiny hairs that are thicker then vellus hairs but they are new so they arent as thick as my regular hair. Essentially my entire scalp looks like it has a 5 oclock shadow growing under my already long hair. I hate to be captain obvious here but it appears that the only hairs that were spared by the shedding were the thick hairs, its like the weak hairs just made mass Exodus into my shower drain every few days after I dermarolled. I was skeptical of the dermarolling claims at first but I am honestly a true believer now because I did not have any results on just foam minoxidil alone and it is now only a month and a half into treatment and I am seeing significant results. Again, I am curious to see just how thick the new hair will grow to be because I dont see any spots in my head where there arent a bunch of new smaller hairs sprouting. I also have been using three brands of minoxidil if anyone is curious just ask. one thing that sucks about changing so many things in my regimin is I dont know which is doing most of the lifting, I am positive that the dermaroller has alot to do with it. Whenever I roll over a spot with small vellus hairs I see the hair get alittle more noticable after a few days. If my regrowth continues at this rate I'm going to have to get a buzz cut and start all over just because of the difference in my long hair length and the "5oclock shadow" I have coming in on top. So all things considered I like what I am seeing so far.

It’s really good that you will get the best results after using derma roller. But you have to take care of your hair and some precautions.

playsound dermaroller+minoxidil 2 month update

Just so you guys know I'm not yanking your chains here are my results after 2 months and some and a few days... I am very pleased thus far and I am excited for the next few months because I expect my vertex to fully fill in. My hair line is also beginning to push down as well but I'm not going to post those pictures because I want to remain incognito. Overall I am a true believer in dermarolling, after studying the science behind it I think it will allow minoxidil to be a more permanent solution simply because it triggers the body's healing response... and the only time your body doesn't heal itself is when you're dead. I would definitely recommend to anyone with hair loss, expecially if you're like me and did not respond to minoxidil alone. I will report again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161224_001241.jpg

Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	50144   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161224_001325.jpg

Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	50145  

Any update as of now?
    Btw, can you give a detailed description of your regime ?

Also, kick-ass progress bud.
    I am probably in the same situation as you.
    Started noticing hairloss when I was 17-18. Started minox back in 2013. Hairloss stabilized initially and then probably after a few months started again. Then bumped up my dosage to 10% in 2015 and finally in April 2017, completely stopped minox as I thought there was no progress and my scalp was eventually thinning out. Turns out this was a big mistake. In the past 6 months lost more hair than I lost in the entire 4 years on minox. Started back on minox last month. Been 3 weeks and the shedding is still going on. Quite depressed. Started with the dermaroller today. Hoping for the best! You're an inspiration man! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by milkman22 View Post
    Just so you guys know I'm not yanking your chains here are my results after 2 months and some and a few days... I am very pleased thus far and I am excited for the next few months because I expect my vertex to fully fill in. My hair line is also beginning to push down as well but I'm not going to post those pictures because I want to remain incognito. Overall I am a true believer in dermarolling, after studying the science behind it I think it will allow minoxidil to be a more permanent solution simply because it triggers the body's healing response... and the only time your body doesn't heal itself is when you're dead. I would definitely recommend to anyone with hair loss, expecially if you're like me and did not respond to minoxidil alone. I will report again.
    On a serious note, use finasteride or you're ****ed. Do you seriously think that dermarolling and minoxidil is enough to prevent your hair from falling out? Your hairloss is very aggressive and will likely continue to progress if you don't use something that inhibits the DHT inside your body. Dermarolling in your case will do absolutely nothing, plain and simple. I don't believe that it would do anything for anyone because it's a scam. Even if it wasn't, are you going to carry on rolling your head all day, everyday for the rest of your life to keep your hair? Be realistic about this situation and asses what little options you have which is fin and dut.

milkman22

Not understanding this. This is from two days of dermarolling.

Could you please do a better job labeling your photos. I really am having a DIFFICULT time understanding your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackito View Post
    On a serious note, use finasteride or you're ****ed. Do you seriously think that dermarolling and minoxidil is enough to prevent your hair from falling out? Your hairloss is very aggressive and will likely continue to progress if you don't use something that inhibits the DHT inside your body. Dermarolling in your case will do absolutely nothing, plain and simple. I don't believe that it would do anything for anyone because it's a scam. Even if it wasn't, are you going to carry on rolling your head all day, everyday for the rest of your life to keep your hair? Be realistic about this situation and asses what little options you have which is fin and dut.
    Minoxidil effects are not PERMANENT, that is true. But it's definitely NOT A Scam.

I just think milkman22 needs to do a better job showing his information.

Dermarolling probably helps women more than males, because as men we produce a lot
    more DHT (and Finasteride has more permanent anti balding effects for androgen baldness, as
    opposed to thyroid baldness).

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxtugain View Post
    Also, kick-ass progress bud.
    I am probably in the same situation as you.
    Started noticing hairloss when I was 17-18. Started minox back in 2013. Hairloss stabilized initially and then probably after a few months started again. Then bumped up my dosage to 10% in 2015 and finally in April 2017, completely stopped minox as I thought there was no progress and my scalp was eventually thinning out. Turns out this was a big mistake. In the past 6 months lost more hair than I lost in the entire 4 years on minox. Started back on minox last month. Been 3 weeks and the shedding is still going on. Quite depressed. Started with the dermaroller today. Hoping for the best! You're an inspiration man! Thanks!
    REGIMEN: (1-1.5mm) Dermaroller 1xweek
    : Minoxidl (twice a day) 6x Days a week (Every day except Dermaroller day)

Minoxtugain, I apologize for the late reply man I don't really get on these sites any more. But I'll make a long story short, I'm not going to post any update pictures because I want to remain incognito so you'll just have to trust my previous photos and keep in mind that I don't have anything to gain out of lying to you. So my hair has fully regrown, it's very incredible. My juvenile hairline has almost completely grown back to where it was when I was in high school, it's still growing in btw. The regrowth process took about a year and a few months. My regrowth hair has gradually gotten darker and darker until eventually it was the same color and thickness as my regular hair. There is no doubt that this is the permanent cure for hairloss! As I mentioned in my previous post, minoxidl by itself didn't do anything for me, so the Dermaroller is a must. Think about the science behind it bro, the blood vessels in your scalp are clogged up with DHT that's what causes baldness to begin with. So the minoxidl alone eventually will lose it's effect because the drug can't get to the hair follicles because of clogged blood vessels. So when you use a Dermaroller you are manually reopening those blood vessels by creating puncture wounds that allow the minoxidl to do it's job regardless of how much DHT is present. So with this logic it only makes sense that minoxidl reinforced with a Dermaroller will never lose it's effect, unless you're a dead person and you don't bleed. (That was sarcasm)
    I know that sounds like a rant but I say all of that to say this: the strength of minoxidl is irrelevant in the long run if you aren't doing anything for the DHT!! You're waay too young to go on a DHT blocker and **** up your sex life. But by dermarolling once a week and using regular 5% minoxidl twice every day except the days you dermaroll you will regrow your hair without altering your DHT levels. Keep in mind the DHT isn't your enemy until it's clogging your blood vessels, so why eliminate the DHT when you can just reopen your blood vessels?. .. Anyways I hope I answered all of your questions and gave you enough insight. I probably won't ever be back on this site again because I've already won my hairloss battle and I've put that stage of my life in the past, hopefully I've given you the information you need to win yours. I've given my testimony, you can believe it or call it b.s, regardless I wish you the best of luck on your hairloss journey!!

P.s: Pressing down harder while dermarolling won't get you better results, a typical dermarolling session should last no longer than 20 minutes if it last longer it's a sign you're doing too much. Also I advise buying Kirkland minoxidl, they charge $20 for a 6 month supply you just can't beat that!! Best wishes to you!