Threaded View

Default Hairloss at a young age, using dermaroller +minoxidil

Hello everyone, long time lurker here. I'm 20 yes old and have been thinning slowly since I was 15 (2012). I wouldn't say I'm really at a NW anything because my hairline is still in tactt my vertex is badly thinning and recently it has accelerated, so I'll try to explain...
    I noticed my vertex was thinning in the 10th grade but it was slight so I just wore a high top hair cut (I'm black) and covered it up so it wasn't noticeable. November of (2014) I started using minoxidil on my vertex ( my hairline wasnt thinning). I was on it for a year and a half and I saw no difference what so ever so I tried saw palmetto and gradually replaced the minoxidil until I eventually stopped using it in April 2016 . That turned out to be a huge mistake because my hair was falling out in clumps so I guess it was helping me keep my hair after all. Even after all the shedding My hair loss is still concealable with what my friends refer to as my signature haircut now lol ( high curly top) , little do they know that is the only hair cut I can get. But in October of this year I decided to get back on minoxidil, intsead of just using it on my vertex I have been using it on my whole head. I have been using The Special Hair Regrowth Treatment because it has minoxidil, DHT blockers, and Biotin. Also this go around I'm using a 1.0 dermaroller once a week to Increase whatever results I may get. I'm terrified because I've been on this new regimen for a little over a month and my hair shed has been awful... my hairline has always been pretty strong but now it has thinned and I can see the shape of a horse shoe forming and my crown thinning is spreading even further so now when my hair is wet I can see a little bit of a horse shoe forming. I was excited at first because I thought the shed was from the minoxidil but then I realized I have massive sheds after I dermaroll so I honestly have no clue. The sad thing is in just a few months my hair loss has progressesd more than it has in 5 years. Though my hair loss is bad I can still conceal it with my "signature haircut". My vertex is thin but I don't really have a bald spot, my hair is there but it is just really thin. I feel I do have potential for regrowth if this treatment helps so I will make updates. Is there anyone out there that can give me some type of advice or reassurance about this recent shed I've had because I am really freaking tf out because if it doesn't at least get back to baseline I might need to consider buzzing it off... also is dermarolling supposed to make me shed almost 30-40 hairs in the shower a session?