+ Reply to Thread

Default One doctor said I have mpb and another said I don't??

I'm 16 turning 17 and I have posted here before. I've been worrying the last 2 months and after your advice I finally decided to go to my family doctor. I went and he looked at my hair and felt it for 20 seconds and said I was thinning and I have mpb and there's nothing he can do. He told me come back next week but I came the next day to the same clinic but this time different Doctor. This one barely touched my hair and I showed him pictures too but he said I'm not balding and that don't have mpb. He gave me a hair restoration clinic adress so I can go there to reassure myself. So I'm here for your opinion because now I'm confused and stressed. My hair has always been thin but the sides and crown I feel are thinner (maybe not?) My family says it's fine but I have a history of worrying for no reason but I need to make sure. I lose about 20-30 hairs per shower and if I comb my hair down into the sink for a minute or two I will lose maybe 5 hairs. Here are a few pics. The first 3 pics my hairs combed front and the back is combed down. The last pic is my normal messy hair. Please honest answers and thank you for helping me now and for my last few posts. You guys are really helping me out and I appreciate it a lot. By the way I have a double crown.
    Attached Images

Is this the beginning of something bad or is it just in my head?

That is very, very confusing. Two different diagnosis, same doctor's office.

What's really troubling is that the doctor says there's nothing he can do for male pattern baldness? What's
    up with that?

A Board Certified Dermatologist is usually the best person, in my own opinion. In the early 1990s, I was
    diagnosed with male pattern baldness. She was able to temporarily "cure" it, with only two percent Minoxidil (Rogaine was prescription only back then, and Finasteride wasn't approved for MPB). And she was 100% correct.

Within months, I believe, my hairline completely grew back, on 2% Minoxidil alone! She told me because the hair was recently lost, there was a good chance I could grow all of it back. She was right!

To answer your question, how is your hairline? I do suspect the first doctor was correct.

I strongly suspect, in my own opinion, the doctor's were afraid of prescribing because of your age, unfortunately.

When I was prescribed medication, I was already twenty years old. It was very obvious I was at least a Norwood two, and my recession was quite obvious.

Do you have any temple recession?

No temple recession in my opinion. I don't lose much hair either and I do have naturally thin hair, although my hair feels a little thinner. It's those pictures that hurt me. I'm stuck, the 2nd Doctor referred me to a hair clinic just so I can stop worrying about this. I'm afraid to go. I don't want to lose my hair.
    Attached Images

Your hairline is in good shape. Don't be afraid. It's just I don't think they will prescribe anything
    to you because of your age. That's all.

You think I should worry about my crown or that I should stop thinking about this?

how's it going blackmamba? hair doing good?