+ Reply to Thread

Default Anyone who faced tons of shedding on finasteride ???

I am taking finasteride since 2.5 months,but my shedding increased heavily ,I am shedding tons of hair, my frontal region has gone worst,.... Is there anyone who faced shedding while taking finasteride ?? How many months did it take ,when the shedding phase got halted,???did u guys regain the shedded hairs???pls reply guys ....my hair is getting thinner and thinner day by day

Quote Originally Posted by alam962 View Post
    I am taking finasteride since 2.5 months,but my shedding increased heavily ,I am shedding tons of hair, my frontal region has gone worst,.... Is there anyone who faced shedding while taking finasteride ?? How many months did it take ,when the shedding phase got halted,???did u guys regain the shedded hairs???pls reply guys ....my hair is getting thinner and thinner day by day
    Would add a hair growth treatment, like Minoxidil, to that one. That would probably help, couldn't hurt, at the very least.

The worst thing you can do is stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    The worst thing you can do is stop now.
    U mean i should stop taking finasteride ???

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    Would add a hair growth treatment, like Minoxidil, to that one. That would probably help, couldn't hurt, at the very least.
    I completely agree, you (refering to the op) should probably add some minoxidil.
    My first round on finastere I made a huge mistake by panicking. By the 5th month I was still shedding and lost a lot of ground, so I decided to add dutasteride as well, and another few months later I felt like shit and my hair looked worst ever.

I then took a very long break for all medication, and then restarted with only finasteride and added minoxidil foam along the way. Now 7.5 months on finasteride and 4+ months on minoxidil foam my hair is looking much better. Obviously it could have been looking even much much better if I started with finasteride + minoxidil on my first round without trying to change and add things before I give finasteride a full year.

I am now looking into higher concentration minoxidil mixes as I see I'm a good responder to it. I could use all the regrowth I could get on my thinning spots.

guys i am taking minoxidil since 8 months, and i am shedding before taking finasteride,but not that much as compare to now