Honest opinion - I'm 16

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BaldBearded
    • Jan 2017

I started to loose my hair at 15. It sucked, it was the late 70s. Could not talk about it, was in an abusive household, so kept it to myself. I learned the art of the comb-forward, and basically did this until college. Grew my hair long... and wore hats. After clogging the drains one too many times, I buzzed it short. Kept it that way for years, until I caught my gleaming crown on an overhead CCTV camera. Shaved it... did that for 20 years. Now, at 52 (yeah I am OLD)... I an an N6 (REALLY BALD), and I don't care.

Some hair, no hair, shaved buzzed... it makes no difference. Almost EVERYONE (men) and some women go bald!

My hair or lack of it never caused me to be ill, not get a date (or a spouse), or not get a job. I spend $50 a year on grooming supplies. My friends and family love me, and even at this age (widowed, and single), I have no problems getting dates (or sex).

You are 16... you should be having FUN. You should be saving for college, or buying your first car... not spending money on SHIT that will probably NOT do anything to bring back your hair.

Comment

• JustShaveIt
      • Jan 2017

F*ck it and shave it.

Comment

• Kashman
        • Jan 2017

Whatever you do , stay away from Propecia(finasteride). I took that drug for only a month and now 7 months later non of my side effects subsided . I have no libido , numb genitals , bring fog and massive weight gain . While I understand I m in the minority of the guys taking the drug I would not recommend it to anyone . I will gladly give everything I own to be able to go back and throw those damn pills in the trash .

Comment

• BaldBearded
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by milkman22
          Dude trust me minoxidil will at least keep it from getting worse. Just don't stop whatever you do lol trust me I'm still recovering... I wouldn't trust finastride 1. Its expensive and it would be hard for you to get a perscription. 2 it will decrease your sexual drive
          Trust you? You are a doctor? He needs to deal with losing his hair... not waste his $$$ on bullshit that mostly does NOT WORK!

Comment

• JustShaveIt
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by robincurtz
            Consult your doctor about finasteride, the only medicine which works. Make a girl friend as soon as possible.

Terrible advice. At 16-17 your hormones are still developing, propecia will do nothing but **** them up. The second is just as bad as the first if not worse. It's shit advice like that that makes a young impressionable individual make stupid decisions with their life.

Comment

Working...