Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam4210
    • Sep 2009

What shampoo should I use?

I always hear to stay away from shampoo containing Sodium/Ammonium Laureth Sulfate. All the shampoos in my house contain this. I also noticed that Nizoral also contains this ingredient. Which shampoo should I use?
  • KeepTheHair
    • Mar 2010

Seems all shampoos and most things do contain those ingredients. My shampoo contains it as well and it is actually hard to find any without it.

I don't know how bad it is or if it is bad at all.

Get Nizoral shampoo, everyone speaks highly of it.

Comment

• Adam4210
      • Sep 2009

I was planning on getting Nizoral all along and then I read somewhere about how Nizoral made someones hairline completely tank. My hairline is definitely receding and theres no hiding that. I'm sure it can get even worse and I am terrified of that happening.

Have you had any bad things happen with Nizoral? Do you use the 2% or 1%?

Thanks!

Comment

• KeepTheHair
        • Mar 2010

I don't use it. I can't find it where I live.

I live in the third world...things are harder to come by.

I only use 2% minoxidil at the moment. Only for a week now. I am new to this struggle myself.

A lot of people use nizoral for hair loss and really like it. I suggest you use it. Don't let 1 bad case steer you in the wrong direction. Do some googling or some reseach on this forum. People seem to like that shampoo.

Comment

• ohlife
          • Apr 2010

Im getting my hands on some Revita shampoo... ill let you know how it goes in a few days. but it has a load of good ingredients, none of those sulphates, and is supposed to help thicken up your hair/ clean it pretty well. Pretty sure Regenepure is supposed to be where its at, but that ones pretty expensive.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
            IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
            • Nov 2008

I recommend if you are going to start using Nizoral shampoo that you get the 1% over the counter first. Use it 2-3 times per week and if you have no problems with that you can always get a Rx for the 2% and use it the same way.
            Dr. Glenn Charles
            Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
            View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Adam4210
              • Sep 2009

Dr. Charles, would you recommend the use of Nizoral? Is there something better I can use?

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                • Mar 2010

Nizoral is fine, its a great shampoo.

Get it in my opinion.

Comment

• thejdizzle
                  • Apr 2010

yeah get revita, i been using it for about 2 weeks. its combing nizoral with loads of other great ingredients which are suppose to be good for our hair.

Comment

• Stockpicker
                    • Apr 2010

DR. Charles

Dr. Charles. I am staying away from SLS shampoos. I used Nizoral in the past but it dried out my hair. I have read about Revita and also Regenepure.
                    Are you familiar with Regenepure? Please take a look at their ingredients and let us know what you think. They list them all on their website.
                    Thx!

Comment

• CIT_Girl
                      • Mar 2010

Dr. Cole recommends his patients use the Hair Cycle line of products. The shampoo contains all-natural ingredients and does not contain sodium laureth sulfate. Since the SLS acts as a lathering agent, it will feel unusual the first couple times you shampoo without it. However, the absence of SLS makes Hair Cycle much more gentle on your hair and scalp, yet cleanses just as well.

You can order Hair Cycle products online at http://www.haircycle.com

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
                        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                        • Nov 2008

I did review the ingredients in Regenepure. It has Ketoconazole which is the main ingredient in Nizoral shampoo. It also has several other agents that have been said to be helpful with hair health and hair loss prevention. I am considering carrying this product in my office. I used a bottle of the Regenepure Dr myself and did not find it to be irritating at all. I also use Nizoral on occation and do not have any problems or irritation.
                        Dr. Glenn Charles
                        Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
                        View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Adam4210
                          • Sep 2009

Where are you guys buying Revita Shampoo? On Amazon it is close to the same cost as Regenepure. I think I am going to pass on using Nizoral only because it has SLS. I am trying to find SLS free shampoos like Stock. Revita/Regenepure/Revivogen all look like shampoo's which don't have SLS. $30 shipped for Regenepure is pretty expensive for shampoo. I am willing to pay that if it will definitely help with a combination of Finasteride. How long would a bottle typically last?

Also, is it recommended to NOT use conditioner if your hair is thinning? I have been using conditioner and was wondering if I should stop. Not sure if this makes my hair look even thinner, but I just love the smooth feeling of my hair when I use it. Will stop if its just going to make my hair look thinner though.

Comment

• Stockpicker
                            • Apr 2010

Thanks Doc..

Adam, I spoke to Alan at Regenepure.
                            They have a DR version and and NT version
                            the NT version is more of a conditioner
                            Than a shampoo and will not thin out
                            your hair. The DR has keto like Nizoral but no sulfates
                            The two products together when
                            purchased as a kit is 40 bucks with free
                            priority shipping. I will let you know how
                            I like it.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                              • Mar 2010

I currently use Dr. Lee's keto shampoo. I have only used it once so far, it's great in my opinion. Good scent. Works well. Not that expensive etc etc. I can't get Nizoral where I live thats why I bought it, but it seems to be better than nizoral because of the salicylic acid.

I don't really know what other shampoo to combine with this.

Can any DOCTOR comment on how bad those sodium laurel sulfate/ammonium laural sulfates are? or laureth? lol it has a bunch of names.

Are they bad?

Comment

Working...