+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me assess

Default Help me assess

Hi,

Do you think I am a good candidate for either finasteride and/or minoxidil? (I am 24 years old).

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161120_183245.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	49566   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161120_183336.jpg

Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	49567  

?? Anyone?

I'm no MD or anything, but I would start with propecia as soon as possible. You can also add rogaine to your regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by Organicpineapple View Post
    Hi,

Do you think I am a good candidate for either finasteride and/or minoxidil? (I am 24 years old).

Thanks.

You're an excellent candidate for both. And if you do it now, you could probably go down a couple of numbers on the Norwood scale. Possibly Norwood zero. Don't hesitate. Regrowing hairline hair can be done, but I think the window of time is smaller than vertex hair.

Just use scientifically backed medications. Finasteride and Minoxidil (five percent) are your best bets, in my opinion.

Just so you know, Minoxidil does work on the hairline as well as vertex. Expect shedding for twelve to sixteen weeks if you decide to use it. Would recommend the foam, which won't cause dandruff.

One milligram of Finasteride will really help you save your hair. In fact, it will do more than the Minoxidil.

The longer you wait, without medication, the less chance you will have to regrow your hair. Sad but true. I waited until my forties to use Finasteride. I regret that decision. Now I have to use an aggressive regimen to regrow my hair.

You have to be happy with it. Acceptance is also good. If it doesn't bother you, then
    don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post

You're an excellent candidate for both. And if you do it now, you could probably go down a couple of numbers on the Norwood scale. Possibly Norwood zero. Don't hesitate. Regrowing hairline hair can be done, but I think the window of time is smaller than vertex hair.

Just use scientifically backed medications. Finasteride and Minoxidil (five percent) are your best bets, in my opinion.

Just so you know, Minoxidil does work on the hairline as well as vertex. Expect shedding for twelve to sixteen weeks if you decide to use it. Would recommend the foam, which won't cause dandruff.

One milligram of Finasteride will really help you save your hair. In fact, it will do more than the Minoxidil.

The longer you wait, without medication, the less chance you will have to regrow your hair. Sad but true. I waited until my forties to use Finasteride. I regret that decision. Now I have to use an aggressive regimen to regrow my hair.

You have to be happy with it. Acceptance is also good. If it doesn't bother you, then
    don't worry about it.
    Thanks for providing some hope. I've been feeling pretty down about this whole thing. I hope both of the methods you describe help...not only with maintenance but regrowth.

It's depressing when everyone my age has 'normal' hair and takes it for granted.