Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjb90
    • Nov 2016

finasteride still working? 7+ years

i've been on finasteride for 7+ years and i was debating getting off it, because i dont know if its even working anymore.

i've had a hair transplant and also SMP, so i can't really tell if places are getting thinner or not, as it looks blended too well. the effect of having some hair all over really helps though, so i wanted to maintain that.

is there a way to find out if finasteride is still working? or would it even be possible to keep working after so many years? i don't do anything else to maintain my hair, and i sometimes forget to take my finasteride for a few days at a time. i have a hunch that the hair i have still is from the transplant (3.5k grafts), but don't wanna risk losing any original hair!!
  • tedwuji
    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by mjb90
    i've been on finasteride for 7+ years and i was debating getting off it, because i dont know if its even working anymore.

i've had a hair transplant and also SMP, so i can't really tell if places are getting thinner or not, as it looks blended too well. the effect of having some hair all over really helps though, so i wanted to maintain that.

is there a way to find out if finasteride is still working? or would it even be possible to keep working after so many years? i don't do anything else to maintain my hair, and i sometimes forget to take my finasteride for a few days at a time. i have a hunch that the hair i have still is from the transplant (3.5k grafts), but don't wanna risk losing any original hair!!
    I think if you stop finasteride you will lose hair. There will be no going back.

Comment

Working...