X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moshmeister
    • Nov 2016

Back on fin after 2 years off?

Hi all,

I'm new here and desperatly looking for any advice you can give!

Long story short: I was taking fin for about 9 years (2005-2014) and came off it 2 years ago (Sept 2014) as I was experiencing what I believe to be fertility problems caused by it. This improved considerably and we now have a new baby.

While I was on fin I didn't experience any regrowth, but I did maintain the 2005 hair I had I guess about 95% by 2014. I believe I experienced no sides. In the two years since coming off it has got notably worse but still nowhere near as bad as I feared. I'd say I'm now 80-85% of the 2005 hair.

Every now and then I look in the mirror and perhaps notice a bit more thinning so I know that very slowly it is getting worse. I obviously don't want it to, hence am considering going back on fin.

My question is: has anyone got experience of being on fin for a long time, coming off it for around 2 years then going on again? Is this a good idea or a terrible idea? Will I likely regrow/maintain/experience sides etc.?

Thanks in advance for all help and advice!
  • InfamousBradley
    • Oct 2016

This is something you will have to ask your doctor because issues like this tend to be per the individual. Some men don't have any issues while other ones do.
    Have you asked your doctor about it yet?

Comment

• Moshmeister
      • Nov 2016

No, I only saw a doctor about this when I originally went on it. I don't feel it's necessary as it would cost a lot and take a long time for me to see one.

Am really keen to understand people's experience and knowledge on here. Thanks.

Comment

• WHTC Clinic
        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
        • Oct 2013

Moshmeister, you may need to start with an examination and scalp analysis. You may want to pursue medical therapy with finasteride but also have your progress monitored. Complimentary consultations are available if you have the time.
        Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
        London, UK - Available (Sat.)
        Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
        Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
        Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
        customer.care@mywhtc.com
        Telephone
        +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
        +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
        les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Comment

• Moshmeister
          • Nov 2016

Thanks for the answers so far guys. Anyone with anymore advice by any chance?

Comment

Working...