+ Reply to Thread

Default My Balding / Finasteride Story

Hi! I've lurked here a while and thought I'd post....

I'm 39 and had been losing my hair pretty slowing for about 10 years, mainly at the crown. I've been on Equate minoxidil for about 9 years and that's helped. Over the past year, the rest of my hair started to thin pretty aggressively so I knew it was time to try something else.

I read on here the horror stories about Finasteride but thought, screw it, let's do this. I had been married and with the same girl for almost 20 years and we had divorced about a year back so the dating life was back...

I started Finasteride about 4 months back and it's a LIFE SAVER. I has minor side effects for about a week.....I had a dull ache in my balls. My sex drive went absolutely crazy, I mean CRAZY for about a week. That all went away after a week or so. Seems like it still spikes every now and then. I will be first to admit I was spooked about the whole losing erections thing. All in all, never happened. I used morning woods as an indicator for sure, but never had issues otherwise.

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. Finasteride is WORTH IT! I have a FULL head of hair. I regret ever getting on minoxidil and should have gone straight to Finasteride. It is what it is. Amazing results in just 4 months and it seems to be getting even thicker.

If you are worried about the sexual side effects, just do what I did. I'm 39 and just smashed a smoking hot 19 year old. (I figured WTF, I'm getting a second chance following a cheating wife) Guaranteed to get you an erection regardless of mindset

Just do Finasteride!

I am really going to consider this. I have yet to try finasteride. I don't know about a 19 year old. That is a bit too young for me. I'd say my cut off is 25. Younger than that is just not worth it. They all have "daddy issues" and my hairline don't need the added stress lol

Congratulation with your result ,are you taking generic finasteride 5mg or propecia 1mg, I'm 29 I just started finasteride generic one tablet splitted to four, It's day four and I feel nothing no side effect at all , the only thing I have got nightmares while I'm sleeping, should Igo for a higher dose? ..