Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryant
    • Nov 2016

Have I started balding?

I'm about to turn 19 in a couple of days and my friends were all joking about me going bald like my Dad. I laughed it off but I have been worried about balding for a while and I honestly think I might be balding. The good news is that I haven't had any noticeable hair loss in the past 6 months and my hair doesn't seem to be thinning any but I have noticed my hairline seems a little uneven. I'very been wearing hats a lot lately and I think that that may have something to do with it. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Click image for larger version

Name:	20161105_013903.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	479827Click image for larger version

Name:	20161105_013719.jpg
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	479828Click image for larger version

Name:	20161105_013820.jpg
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	479829Click image for larger version

Name:	20161105_013752.jpg
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	479830
  • k9gatton
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Ryant
    I'm about to turn 19 in a couple of days and my friends were all joking about me going bald like my Dad. I laughed it off but I have been worried about balding for a while and I honestly think I might be balding. The good news is that I haven't had any noticeable hair loss in the past 6 months and my hair doesn't seem to be thinning any but I have noticed my hairline seems a little uneven. I'very been wearing hats a lot lately and I think that that may have something to do with it. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.[ATTACH=CONFIG]49336[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49337[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49338[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49339[/ATTACH]
    People usually joke before it gets serious, of if it's not an issue. I'm almost a Norwood four, and people joke about my hair color, but that's it (which really offends me, because I'm already used to the fact how bald I am).

That said, maybe around the temples, but maybe not. This is not 100% true, so, for the record, usually the length of nostrils to chin is equal to top of nose -> where hairline should be.

In my own opinion, I think there is slight temple recession. But lots of guys have a higher hairline, as our brains are probably the largest they will be in our twenties.

If you don't mind shedding, which could be twelve to sixteen weeks (initial, one time thing), try Minoxidil. If you want to try a more solid androgen battling drug, try Finasteride, which has better results. Of course, there's other things it might bring or might not.

Think you are a Norwood one, on the male scale. Unfortunately, I do think you are in the beginning stages of androgen alopecia. Sorry to give you the bad news. You have enough hair to pull of any hairstyle at this point, so it's good they are joking about it.

I'm sixty percent sure there is temple recession. It's at the stage now if you do something, you will probably never have to worry for the rest of your life.

It's your hair, your choice.

Comment

Working...