+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am I balding??

Your hair is perfect. Lucky you. Take care of hair. Take B vitamins eat healthy don't smoke. Good luck

hey. you just lost some weight of hair. nothing else. dont worry.. I'm sure in past you must have got thick hair

So, it's been about 3-4 months since I posted this thread, maybe I over-reacted, maybe I have a problem. Like I have read and like the generous folks who added to this thread have shown me, it is probably too early to tell if I have a problem or not. Only time will tell if my hair will stay this way or weather it will progressively get worse. The way I have decided to track this is to continually upload to this thread. For both myself and maybe guys who have a similar situation to mine and want to see how this progresses over time. I will NOT be using Propecia, Rogaine, or Minoxidil during my "journey" the only supplement I will be taking is Biotin, shoutout to Artista for the reference. I figured that if it goes, it goes and it would be better to let it do its thing than to desperately cling on to what I have. So I guess this is just an announcement that I'll try to update this thread every few months or so with updates or massive sheds or what have you. Thanks to everyone who sticks around and I apologize to people who might get offended by this (I know there are guys who have it way worse than I do) but as they say: you are either balding or worrying about it. This isn't meant to offend, it's meant to be therapudic for me and informative for some.

As for right now: my hair I would say looks about the same as it did when I posted this thread when I posted this. Though it is a tough comparison due to the fact that it's longer now (no haircuts since then) and Its currently parted differently than it was. Ive come to a self-conclusion that my hair might not be necessarily balding but my hair may just not be as dense as I thought it was. Low density hair + part/cowlick= possible balding appearance. I came to this conclusion when I thuroughly looked through my hair and noticed that I could see some scalp if I pushed it to where it was almost straight at the base and that I haven't noticed a ton of hair shedding, about the same amount every day, very little if any on the pillow and a not too concerning amount in the shower. My main concern area continues to be the crown/vertex area but this could be attributed to just me not being able to see it or not being used to seeing it or something like that. So thats all I have to update as of now. I'll have some pictures uploaded tomorrow after a shower and drying to show it in its current state (a little greasy right now) feel free to post or comment on the progress or if you know something I don't know. Thanks for listening guys,I look forward to update in the future, stay tuned for updates and have a happy new year!!!

Your hair is fine. Minoxidil would be pointless. Biotin is the way to go.

If you're going bald, trust me when I say people WILL tell you. I was being told my hair was receding back when I was 20 years old.

Okay, I know I didn't keep my promise of uploading 2 weeks ago, but I waited for my computer to get fixed before I uploaded this but here is my hair at this point (it is a little greasy, apologies!!)

http://imgur.com/a/ee4ne

So from these pictures, I'm not sure if I am yet, but I feel like I'm definitely on the path of norwooding. This isn't really concerning for me though because I realize that my hairline is about where is normal. My area of concern and reason for my initial freakout was the crown/vertex area that I photographed. It might be fine it might not be. Y'all tell me, I feel like there is just an annoying amount of scalp showing around that area. I welcome all responses and look forward to updating in the future. Thanks for listening!!

Talking

Also, sorry for the demonic gaze in the final picture of the album 😂😂