+ Reply to Thread

Default 3.5 months update on my necrotis area ! extremely slow healing !!

well its been 3.5 months since my surgery and my necrosis area just doesnt seem to go away ... i taking all the precautions not to disturb the area !! ... does anyone think that this is healing the way it should ??

if someone can please tell me judging from today's picture that how much long do i have to wait more ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	update.jpg

Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	4485  

Have you been examined in person by any dermatologists or any other doctors?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

no i havent ... everytime i visit my doc he says its perfectly fine and no need to worry ...

That's frustrating! It sounds like you are doing everything right but it's just a waiting game to see when it will heal on its own. As gillenator mentioned, you might want to consult with a dermatologist who will have more first-hand knowledge about skin conditions such as this. He or she might have some ideas for intervention or at least be able to give you an indication of how much longer it will take to heal.

I think it was irresponsible of your surgeon to advise you to sit tight and wait it out. I listened to Spencer Kobren’s advice on this thread http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=2367 and I think he made the most sense. That dead tissue should have been addressed immediately. I think that the area will have to be removed and your doctor should be the one to take care of this complication and the extra expense. An experienced hair transplant surgeon would not have put you through these many months of unnecessary stress. I think this doctor didn’t know how to address this complication or what he was doing in the first place. It comes down to experience and know how.

well he has finally decided to do something .. I have surgery planned for tuesday ! He is gonna cut and stitch both ends !

I saw him yesterday and he admitted its not healing fast .. He told me that there is hyper-granulation tissue which is bulging out of the skin and making the healing slow ...

Im so frustrated with this that I immediately said yes to surgery .. Hope its the correct decision ..

Quote Originally Posted by noms View Post
    well he has finally decided to do something .. I have surgery planned for tuesday ! He is gonna cut and stitch both ends !

I saw him yesterday and he admitted its not healing fast .. He told me that there is hyper-granulation tissue which is bulging out of the skin and making the healing slow ...

Im so frustrated with this that I immediately said yes to surgery .. Hope its the correct decision ..

You may want to still get examined by a few dermatologists who have dealt with this type of thing before. There probably would not be a charge for the exam. Something to ask about up front.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

How did your surgery go to remove the necrosis? Gillenator's suggestion to see a good dermatologist is well warranted in this case.