+ Reply to Thread

Default Acknowledging hairloss + solutions

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give an introduction about when I started noticing I was going bald and what I did about it.

So first off: it was my brother who told me about 2 years ago it started to look like my hair had been receeding (I was about 20 at the time). Even though my hairline never looked really well, I indeed started to notice that I was losing a lot of hair (mainly in the shower). The next year or so I spend thinking about what to do, googling solutions, becoming paranoia, feeling very self conscious, getting scared of showers (because of the hair that fell out then),...

Finally I had the courage to visit the dermatologist. She talked with me about it, was honest and said the best option was to try a treatment with minoxidil. I was sceptical at first, but tried it anyhow since I didn't have much to lose. I started using it continiously (1 time a day) the 1st of August 2016 up until now, the 30th of October 2016 and I must say, I feel a lot better. My hairloss has stopped and I even noticed a little regrowth. The biggest disadvantage for me is increased dandruff but that's rather easy to solve.

Conclusion: face your problem, don't deny that you're losing hair and make an appointment with your doctor/dermatologist. I recommend a product containing minoxidil (my personal experience). It's not a guarantee that it will work but it surely is worth giving it a try, especially if your hairloss is limited.

Good luck everyone, and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinillos View Post
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to give an introduction about when I started noticing I was going bald and what I did about it.

So first off: it was my brother who told me about 2 years ago it started to look like my hair had been receeding (I was about 20 at the time). Even though my hairline never looked really well, I indeed started to notice that I was losing a lot of hair (mainly in the shower). The next year or so I spend thinking about what to do, googling solutions, becoming paranoia, feeling very self conscious, getting scared of showers (because of the hair that fell out then),...

Finally I had the courage to visit the dermatologist. She talked with me about it, was honest and said the best option was to try a treatment with minoxidil. I was sceptical at first, but tried it anyhow since I didn't have much to lose. I started using it continiously (1 time a day) the 1st of August 2016 up until now, the 30th of October 2016 and I must say, I feel a lot better. My hairloss has stopped and I even noticed a little regrowth. The biggest disadvantage for me is increased dandruff but that's rather easy to solve.

Conclusion: face your problem, don't deny that you're losing hair and make an appointment with your doctor/dermatologist. I recommend a product containing minoxidil (my personal experience). It's not a guarantee that it will work but it surely is worth giving it a try, especially if your hairloss is limited.

Good luck everyone, and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!
    Great post. Your absolutely right, denial does nothing to stop hairloss. Treating it early
    is the best way to regrow hair. The window of time is only so long.