+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thanks. For the last one, it's not that I'd want it (lol) — it's that I'd like to know it's not a possibility.

Default Cost?

What does everyone here think something like this would cost?

Default effective hair loss restorative is akin to the flying car -- it's been "5-10 years aw

Good point m8.

The difference between Histogen and earlier hair loss products is that they already know it works, they just don't know whether it's safe. Hair multiplication has never gotten as far as this, which is why it's always been 5-10 years away.

Histogen is up to five years away (probably 3 years away in Asia) because that's how long the safety trials take at a minimum. But they already know the product works. They also need to work out optimum dosage.

Hair multiplication is always five-ten years away because they hope to get it working in the first five years then check it's safe in the following five. They're never managed to get it working and it remains a pipe dream.

Also, it would be ridiculous to suggest hair loss treatment hasn't come a long long way in the last 20 years. From minoxidil at the start of the period and a shaky understanding of DHT, there is now also Propecia on the FDA approved list; anyone with half a brain can see dutasteride works too; it's been all but concluded that Nizoral is effective; there are a variety of other topicals that we know work; we've got FUE and BHT in surgery and we've got companies developing products using wnt proteins.

Those who moan that it's always 'five to ten years' seem to miss the point that whilst progress is not giving us what we want, it has nonetheless been spectacular at the same time.

Fixed, I agree with you.

We are definitely reaching the end of this unsafe road soon. Soon...it won't be a problem for people anymore. I just hope it is affordable.

But one thing I do remember is, you always throwing in the towel, right before you made this post. I am glad histogen released their clinical trial results. I think you might have considered becoming a recluse. I know I considered it if my hair progressed... it would just suck to know I'd have to live bald.

It doesn't seem to be that way.

Chances are my regimen will get me some thickness or regrowth... If only a good amount...then I can just move on.

Good luck to everyone. Let's just live life to the full while this cure get's on the market.

Oh, but I am increasingly a recluse. And much happier for it, too. Besides work, I rarely leave the house these days. I'm saving a fortune as a result.

I live about 5 minutes from where I work, so I probably spend no more than about 8 and a half hours out of the house, five days a week now.

I've also pretty much lost all contact with everyone but my colleagues, who I don't really know that well anyway. I don't want my friends to see me the way I am, so I've avoided seeing them for about two years now.

The one big hope I have is the fact that:

A) This thing seems to be working great... let's just hope it continues...

B) Stem cell therapy (or what not) has already been done in other various parts of the medical field with miraculous results. Most of these in which have yet to show any signs of being dangerous... (bad cell growth etc). Up to this point, stem cells are really just... reviving the body to how it was at the stages of being a newborn... it's really your "fountain of youth" ...though it's still in the beginning stages of research and development. If those other things are that successful thus far... this has a high probability of being the same.

If the results are there... and the therapy is much akin to other working therapies (some people have been able to regain ****ing eyesight) then there's a very high probability that this is a total success and could be "the cure."

--- I have one question though in the end. Since these hairs are new and are your hairs... what's to stop MPB from occurring again... if you have the gene that makes you go bald... whats to say it doesn't develop in these hair follicles as well?? That said, you'd probably have some time.... or might have to continue getting this therapy...

So we're not out of the tunnel yet... if the disease returns and you begin to lose this hair... depending on the price... and how expensive it is... it might not be the magic bullet afterall...

Let's just hope the results last for years... and that it's not a super expensive treatment..

I don't think it will be massively expensive, when compared with a hair transplant or propecia, especially if you only need one top up dose a year or even longer. Besides, people with hair earn 20% more on average, so just use that margin to pay for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    I don't think it will be massively expensive, when compared with a hair transplant or propecia, especially if you only need one top up dose a year or even longer. Besides, people with hair earn 20% more on average, so just use that margin to pay for it!
    Oh, me personally? Dude I don't care if it's 50,000. If it works and it stays on the top of my head for years I'm doing it. I don't need a new car or boat or any of that shit people buy. I
    ll be getting out of school in a couple of years and when I make money... hair and a house is really all I give a shit about. Actually... just an apartment.

Everything else comes next.

I here you buddy! I have a good feeling about this, I really hope it works out for all of us this time.