All Hope is Not Lost, After All - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, and I hope as much as everyone here that a true baldness cure is discovered soon, but realistically, the effective hair loss restorative is akin to the flying car -- it's been "5-10 years away" for the better part of a century now, with every development touted as "the cure for baldness may be a reality soon."
    So lets all just say the F with it, there will never be a cure. Up to now most experiments whether it be a cure for hairloss or AIDS have been unsuccessful, so why should we keep our hopes up and continue to waste money

Don't be so pessimistic! Heres to Research and Development, cheers!!

I do agree with the poster who said that these treatments always seem to be 5 to 10 years away. It is frustrating.

However, I do think real progress is being made on a number of fronts. Maybe most of these will turn up dry. But sooner or later, a viable treatment is going to be available and the patent owners are going to make a FORTUNE.

Ultimately, that's why I think we'll see something. There's one HUGE pot of gold waiting at the end of the hair loss rainbow for the right treatment.

This is what I want to know about Histogen:

It seems that the treatment can not only revive existing follicles but create new ones. That's great, but are the new and old follicles still susceptible to DHT? Will you have to use a drug like Propecia to ward off possible (re) miniaturization?

What about the injections? how many will have to be made? If indeed new follicles are being made, what about placement and hair positioning? My concern is that you have new hairs growing every which way on the scalp and especially the hairline. If that the case, you'd have to very careful about injecting in that area. You'd almost need a surgeon whose well versed in hair transplantation to design a hairline if the person needs it.

Or suppose you did all that and only got about 50% results? your hairline would look pretty weird. Almost like the hair transplants of old.

Will the treatment work on a totally bald area of the scalp? How about the age factor? How about some pictures?

There are lot of questions that need to be answered about this treatment. Hopefully, they are forthcoming.

Hal

yeah guys but seriously.

The difference between today and 10-20 years ago is...clinical trials... Histogen already did them, and they already worked. This isn't the fake ass hairmax LaserScam.

Histogen is real growth, without side effects. It should be totally legit.

I don't see why I have to stop being optimistic.

Histogen is not the only company that seems to be near the finish line either.

I know that it's best to have low expectations...but I prefer to expect something good to happen soon.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
    So lets all just say the F with it, there will never be a cure.
    Hint: Taking someone's reasonable position and restating it as a ridiculous extreme is not a very good discussion technique. It's known as the "straw man" argument.

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Histogen is real growth, without side effects. It should be totally legit.
    But even if that's true, as noted above, many issues would still remain. Especially since no proposed treatment can feasibly be tested across someone's lifetime before it's put on the market.

You make a good point. But remember this really is different. And it is based on real research.

Previous years were basically people rubbing x then y and then z on their scalps and calling it research.

Histogen says that the hair you grow will last you as long as the previous hairs did. It just how your genes work.

i know that there is a chance for complications...sadly thats true...i just want to believe that there won't be any.

I am very biased in this argument...i really want it to work. But i do believe there is good enough reason for us to put our faith in them

Inactive

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Histogen says that the hair you grow will last you as long as the previous hairs did. It just how your genes work.
    I think that's an educated guess; they can't really know that at this point.

In any case, results showing a ~22% increase in hair count are promising, but that's not going to restore a full head of hair to anyone who has already experienced significant loss.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post

In any case, results showing a ~22% increase in hair count are promising, but that's not going to restore a full head of hair to anyone who has already experienced significant loss.
    Yes very true. But it will help those in the miniaturization process. It would also help the very young who are not eligible for a HT. It would also help those who have insufficient hair for transplant. That's not bad for starters.

is the increase 25% overall hair? or where it is "applied?"

Those 2 things are very different. 25% overall wil help anyone in any norwood scale. But 25% increase when you have 5 hairs on your head wont really help lol doubt it is totally like that.

All I know for sure is. This WILL help me a lot. And I hope I can get it sooner than later..

[QUOTE=KeepTheHair;10394]But 25% increase when you have 5 hairs on your head wont really helpQUOTE]

I read it a couple days ago, I think I read it was only injected in a in a specific area and showed that kind of increase. Correct me if I'm worng please.