Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abmrocks
    • Oct 2016

Rate my hair loss..20 year old

Been losing my hair since 3 years.Family history of less hair(not balding necessarily) and a very high hairline ( front).Please rate my hair loss on the Norwood scale..Also should I start using Propecia?I'm a bit freaked out by some of the posts I've seen regarding sexual problems! Please do help!
    Attached Files
  • Louish
    • Aug 2015

Your crown is your biggest problem. Sorry.

Comment

• k9gatton
      • Oct 2016

Going to have to say between a Norwood 1 and two.

In general, the hairline should be the same distance from top of nose, as nostrils to your chin. If that's the case, then your hairline is in good shape.

Comment

• richter101
        • Jan 2015

I'm young too. Been on Propecia for almost 3 years. So far so good. What can I say.. I'm a statistic person. I'll take the 1/20 chance.

But yea.. looks like down the road you'll need 1 FUE procedure on your crown.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
        Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
        Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
        HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
        Finasteride daily, since 2014
        Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year

Comment

• BBay
          • Jun 2013

Crown needs attention massage with every thing else you are doing

Comment

• k9gatton
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by abmrocks
            Been losing my hair since 3 years.Family history of less hair(not balding necessarily) and a very high hairline ( front).Please rate my hair loss on the Norwood scale..Also should I start using Propecia?I'm a bit freaked out by some of the posts I've seen regarding sexual problems! Please do help!
            It's not that aggressive. I was actually worse at your age. Minoxidil alone, twice a day, should probably be all you need.

If you decide on Finasteride, which has better results, you can cut it in half. I would start at a low dosage.

In fact, when I look at your hair, I'm not one hundred percent convinced you are at a Norwood one (or lower).

Comment

Working...