Considering Hair Transplant....I have questions. - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Considering Hair Transplant....I have questions.

So I have been.... "shopping" around for a Hair Transplant. I am set on FUE if I get one at all. I have consulted with several Doctors in the US and some in Canada. All in all the reality is FUE is too damn expensive. I have even began considering Dr. Nader in Mexico. From what I have read right around $5,000 for large FUE cases. I know what your going to say... DONT CHEAP OUT on something like this. Agreed. If I could pay 18,000 to go with Dr. Diep In los Gatos I would, knowing I would likely need another that just doesn't seem feasible. Dr. Diep definitely has the most video 1 year follow ups I have found and all of them in honest lighting and with comb through. Dr. Deip is fricking amazing but I cant pay 18,000 for 2,500 FUE. So then, my question is there any doctors out there that give good results but don't need to be so...over compensated.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

You should post a few pics for reference. Are you limiting your choices to North America?
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

I went to Dr. Diep, and yes he was not cheap, most doctors in North America aren't cheap, what you should be looking at in my opinion is not the cost but the outcome.

A lot of times we get caught up in price and geographic location, but this is a lifelong investment.

With that being said, Dr. Nader has some impressive results and I know a few guys who have gone to him and their results have been very good. Dr. Vories is reasonably priced as well. Dr. Gabel in Portland is also very reasonably priced. Just remember this is your head, everyone will see this for the rest of your life, it's not like a car or even a house this will stay with you forever.

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    I went to Dr. Diep, and yes he was not cheap, most doctors in North America aren't cheap, what you should be looking at in my opinion is not the cost but the outcome.

A lot of times we get caught up in price and geographic location, but this is a lifelong investment.

With that being said, Dr. Nader has some impressive results and I know a few guys who have gone to him and their results have been very good. Dr. Vories is reasonably priced as well. Dr. Gabel in Portland is also very reasonably priced. Just remember this is your head, everyone will see this for the rest of your life, it's not like a car or even a house this will stay with you forever.
    I completely agree. I understand the price is a factor and you've got to include it in your calculations but price should not be the deciding factor. It's not worth saving money for a bad outcome.

Price I definitely not the deciding factor but more of a limiting factor. Dr. Diep is amazing I'm surprised he is not proclaimed as the best doctor in hair surgery. The coverage and responsw rate he gets is amazing. About Dr Nader where did you see results. I have only seen one result on you tube (which was good) never seen anther review or result from him? Who do you know and where are you seeing his results? Obviously for the price he charges I don't expect a ton of PR or even a great website he seems legit but no reviews even though he has been doing this a long time. I guess no news means people are not pisswd with the results but I feel like as busy as he is more people should be sharing their results.....

I see you had great results from Dr Diep. If you know more about Nader let me know. How many grafts did you get from Diep and how much. He quoted me at 17,500 for 2,500 FUE not too bad but slightly out of my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post

Also did you do the acell Dr Diep offers. I wonder if that contributes to his higher then normal density.

Consider travelling to Europe for a procedure? There are some elite surgeons out there that are cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyIrish View Post
    I see you had great results from Dr Diep. If you know more about Nader let me know. How many grafts did you get from Diep and how much. He quoted me at 17,500 for 2,500 FUE not too bad but slightly out of my budget.
    I've had with Diep around 3,325 grafts, I had 1,850 with another doctor previously, to be honest the difference from Diep and my other doctor is like night and day, I paid like $7 per graft for FUE.

Like I said in my previous post, this is a lifetime investment, even more important than a house, why because at least a house you can sell, your head is with you forever, I would rather save money and make sure I'm making a good investment. With that being said, I do feel Dr. Nader gets consistent results from what i've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyIrish View Post
    Also did you do the acell Dr Diep offers. I wonder if that contributes to his higher then normal density.
    I did not do the ACELL for any of my treatments with Dr. Diep, to be honest I don't believe in ACELL or PRP, there is just not enough evidence to prove that they actually work besides anecdotal evidence online. I grew just fine with no ACELL in my first procedure with Dr. Diep. The growth with FUE has to do with the extraction of the grafts, if your surgeon is competent and is able to extract the grafts with minimal trauma and minimal transection (follicles cut in half) then there shouldn't be an issue with growth, assuming he/she has competent techs to place the grafts.

Not sure why but it gives me an error message when I try to message. Says I do not have access to that. Maybe because I just started this account. I been on the forum for years just never comment. Any way. Can you email them to me at In regards to PRP and Ecell I have seen videos by Dr Prasad (seems honest enough) they are not great results but some are pretty good and all show improvement. Allthough I think his treatment is like 3,000 which seems way over priced considering I know clinics that do stand alone a cell and prp for 500 bucks. Anyways. If your able to private message me on here go ahead but I couldn't figure it out. I also tried to upload pictures but it looks like I need to generate them as a link and I do all this on an IPhone. Not sure how to do that either if anyone knows.