Am I balding at 21 or am I being paranoid? (pictures attached) - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Am I balding at 21 or am I being paranoid? (pictures attached)

2 months ago I had shed a lot of hair (25+ per shower when counted) and felt overall less hair density everywhere (Front, back, sides)! That's when I start to take pictures all over my head, including pictures of my crown and it looks like it might be thinning. I was ready to go on fin and min when I got back to my hometown which is 2-3 weeks later. While I'm waiting to go back to my hometown I figure I might as well as fix my unhealthy diet and see if it helps, so I did it.

Fast forward to 3 weeks later when I'm supposed to go home and I can go to the pharmacy to get min and fin, I notice a lot less hair in the showers. I went from 25+ hair loss per shower to around 5-8 hair loss per shower, and overall hair density is slightly thicker. I put a halt to the thoughts of going on fin and continued eating well just to see what would happen, two months later I noticed significant improvements, still 5-8 hairs per shower and noticeably thicker density.

Now that leaves me with the question. Do I have MPB and poor diet accelerated it? or is the overall hair thinning only due to poor diet? Will MPB potentially kick in soon because I have a history of hair shredding all over? I can't live like this because I'm constantly getting paranoid and taking pictures of the back of my head twice a day and its really time consuming.

From left (2 months ago): wet with bright light, dry with bright light, dry with dim light

From left (Current Day): wet with bright light, dry with bright light, dry with dim light

Side note: I am a chinese with straight and spiky hair

Do I have MPB and poor diet accelerated it? or is the overall hair thinning only due to poor diet? Will MPB potentially kick in soon because I have a history of hair shredding all over?

Side Note 2: Dad's side - No one completely bald, worse case is Norwood 2.5 at age 60, Mum's side - Same thing, no one completely bald, worse case is Norwood 2.5 with slight diffuse thinning all over. Dad full head of hair norwood 1, Mum's hair looks normal
    Last edited by ZeeFun; 10-23-2016 at 09:14 AM. Reason: edit: pictures broken link

Smile

Hard to tell-- it might be the start of a bald spot opening up but then again maybe not.

You're going to have to wait and see.

The diet plan you mention is a good idea-- eating healthy is never a bad idea.

You might look at a multi vitamin and hair specific vitamins like folic acid (B9).

I don't think Minox would hurt at this stage in that area.

I'd be hesitant to use fin at this point if I were you. If it gets worse and a true bald spot opens up, then perhaps yes (after you do all the research and understand the risks).

But I think you're under the threshold for fin so why play with your bodies chemistry? Besides, I'm sure you realize that if you respond well to fin you'll probably experience a shed worse than you have seen so far-- are you ready for that on the chance that it will grow back thicker?

Besides the minox and vitamins, I'd play a wait and see game. Not much more you can do right now anyway.

You're not the first guy to go through this and you're not the last. I wouldn't worry myself to the point it takes over your life. What's gonna be is gonna be.

In the mean time you do the above and you've covered the bases, at least in the short term (meaning next couple of years).

Trust me-- one way or the other you'll be ok.

A bit worried about the side effects of fin if I take it this early. But like you said, I will get min try applying min liquid on the top of my scalp just to prevent the spot from balding. But I still have the question to ask, which is - how did eating well fix my hair in the past two months? And has anyone gone through this before? If yes, did the bald spot reoccur in the future ?

Dude you are not balding at all what you have right there my friend is a cowlic many of us have one, your hair is super thick and even when its wet its still thick with very little scalp showing..you'll be fine even without minox but if it bothers you so much then just look at it every six months take pics and compare.

Thanks @bmoreno515, its nice to hear that its not balding. But I really want to look into min just in case. I will continue taking pictures every 2 weeks and if i see signs of balding, I will hop onto it immediately. Being 21 and having these worries kinda sucks :/. Do you struggle with hair loss as well?

I dont think so you need to be worry about it.. its not that what you are thinking

It's hard to tell since it's still early. Not quite sure if it's starting to bald or something else. You're right about the diet, keep yourself healthy, eat lots of vegetables & think about buying vitamins supplements (look for biotin). Avoid alcohol and sugar! I wrote a guide here you might want to take a few minutes and read it.

I would also stay away from Fin (for now) and Minox. If things are starting to go south, I would try Minox first.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenLaventine View Post
    It's hard to tell since it's still early. Not quite sure if it's starting to bald or something else. You're right about the diet, keep yourself healthy, eat lots of vegetables & think about buying vitamins supplements (look for biotin). Avoid alcohol and sugar! I wrote a guide here you might want to take a few minutes and read it.

I would also stay away from Fin (for now) and Minox. If things are starting to go south, I would try Minox first.
    Thanks Steven. On that blog that you have there, there is one thing that I want to ask about what you have written - You mentioned that we should avoid caffeine, but isn't rubbing caffeine on the scalp good for hair growth?

On a side note, I'll have my weekly (or more like daily) checks on my crown to see signs of it changing. And look into Biotin and see how it helps. I like the fact that eating well helped my situation in the past 2 months, and I will look to keep it up. And also I will be alert and ready to hop on and use min when things start to go south. Thanks for your reply! And I sincerely hope you all that are struggling along with me can find some luck with this tough thing.

Hey ! you chinese it means less hair count. Also note after the 20s most peoples hair change.. It doesnt mean at all you will be bald or whatever. On your pics I clearly cant see any bald spot. Sleep quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Ibra View Post
    Hey ! you chinese it means less hair count. Also note after the 20s most peoples hair change.. It doesnt mean at all you will be bald or whatever. On your pics I clearly cant see any bald spot. Sleep quiet
    Thanks Ibra