Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k9gatton
    • Oct 2016

Topical Progesterone used to combat male androgen alopecia

Spiro is a better treatment than Progesterone for females, so I'm not going to touch that subject in this thread.

Although this didn't do much for my hairline (twenty new terminal hairs), it did do quite a lot for my vertex area. However, I currently use it on both.

Started January 2016 (.25% Progesterone). In September the amount was doubled to .5%.

Currently I am using a topical formula that contains .5% Progesterone. In "theory", every .1% is equal to one milligram of medication.

Left picture - January 2016.

Right picture - September 2016
    Attached Files
  • k9gatton
    • Oct 2016

Progesterone .25% used from January 2016 - March 2016

My progress pictures. Have pictures of both the vertex and hairline. Took topical
    Progesterone after three months. The vertex is filling in.

Currently taking twice the amount of Progesterone (.5% since September 2016).
    Attached Files

Comment

• Pittdawg
      • Aug 2016

Do you apply the cream directly to the scalp only?

Comment

• k9gatton
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Pittdawg
        Do you apply the cream directly to the scalp only?
        Yes. Only on diffuse/or bald areas.

Comment

• k9gatton
          • Oct 2016

Temple pictures on 2016 November 05

See latest terminal hair regrowth. Taken November 5th, 2016:
          Attached Files

Comment

• scooterboy
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by k9gatton
            See latest terminal hair regrowth. Taken November 5th, 2016:
            Were are you getting your high dose Progesterone from ?

Comment

• tomjones1
              • Nov 2016

K9gatton, congrats on your success. I'd like to ask you a few questions if you wouldn't mind?
              -You are on a heavy duty proven regimen. What makes you so sure the progesterone is responsible for your success?
              -I've been doing a lot of reading on Progesterone and for every one success post I find, I also find three posts (throughout internet) stating how it made things significantly worse. This is very confusing and worrisome.
              -Can you please state the specific progesterone .25% product you started off with? Purchase online? I'm considering trying it as you stated you had success on it. I do however fear it will cause problems to my hair as I'm not on any treatments (bad sides before even on reduced fin and minox) therefore do not have that protection that you have. Thanks for your responses!!

Comment

• k9gatton
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by tomjones1
                K9gatton, congrats on your success. I'd like to ask you a few questions if you wouldn't mind?
                -You are on a heavy duty proven regimen. What makes you so sure the progesterone is responsible for your success?
                -I've been doing a lot of reading on Progesterone and for every one success post I find, I also find three posts (throughout internet) stating how it made things significantly worse. This is very confusing and worrisome.
                -Can you please state the specific progesterone .25% product you started off with? Purchase online? I'm considering trying it as you stated you had success on it. I do however fear it will cause problems to my hair as I'm not on any treatments (bad sides before even on reduced fin and minox) therefore do not have that protection that you have. Thanks for your responses!!
                Getting it from https://www.medicalwellnesscenter.com/

If they approve your prescription, you pay for each refill to Murray Avenue Acotherapy. They make all of the concentrated Minoxidil solutions in Pittsburgh, PA.

FYI: You don't have to have a high level of Minoxidil. They actually sell them in different strengths. They are creams. They sell in 12.5%, 15% Minoxidil as well. Also, you can combine it with lower dosages.

This is what I highly recommend, so you won't ruin your hair. Combine it with .1% Hydrocortisone. That is anti inflammatory. Also combine with Finasteride. You probably don't need retinol or any other chemicals for that matter.
                Good luck.

Started balding before Progesterone. Also cut my Minoxidil in half. The problem was I thought the liquid Finasteride was doing the work, but it wasn't.

As soon as I used the Progesterone, my hair started regrowing. Also, it doesn't fall out, when it does, it is much less than a "full head" person. I have maybe a few hairs fall out per weak. The hair on top grows faster than my sides or back as well.

Comment

• k9gatton
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by scooterboy
                  Were are you getting your high dose Progesterone from ?
                  Medical Wellness Center. Online script. You only pay if you're approved. https://www.medicalwellnesscenter.com/

Comment

• tomjones1
                    • Nov 2016

Thanks however I would much prefer to try the progesterone without minoxidil if thats possible? I get the feeling I am out of luck. Minoxidil in the past bloated my face and gave wrinkles and insomnia even at low dose. This sucks.

Comment

• k9gatton
                      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by tomjones1
                      Thanks however I would much prefer to try the progesterone without minoxidil if thats possible? I get the feeling I am out of luck. Minoxidil in the past bloated my face and gave wrinkles and insomnia even at low dose. This sucks.
                      Don't know if it is or not. You would have to adjust/talk with a doctor on medicalwellnesscenter.com. Understand what you're saying. It probably is possible, believe it or not. They could answer you. And it's free of charge.

Comment

• doke
                        • Jun 2009

Re people in uk you can get minoxidil mixed with medroxy-progestorone and quite cheap mainly up to 5%minoxidil unless you go to a certain clinic in London where I think its a rip off price.
                        As im not a shill I do not want to add company names that sell these treatments but I know of 3 that I use in uk that do not require any fees to purchase.

Comment

• elvispresley
                          • Jun 2011

hello k9gatton , im in malaysia do you know where i can buy the progesterone online, can you gaive me the exact name of the topical so that i can search online and at the pharmacy , thank you very much

please also the cost x month or per quantity if you can thx

Comment

• doke
                            • Jun 2009

Jazz have you thought of asking how much compounding a lotion or cream of the Arthritis drug Tofacitinib citrate might cost?

Comment

• k9gatton
                              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by elvispresley
                              hello k9gatton , im in malaysia do you know where i can buy the progesterone online, can you gaive me the exact name of the topical so that i can search online and at the pharmacy , thank you very much

please also the cost x month or per quantity if you can thx
                              Get it at https://www.medicalwellnesscenter.com/. Make sure they ship to Malaysia.

You should contact Murray Avenue Acotherapy. That is the ONLY pharmacy they allow to make the product.

Because if they don't ship it, you will be charged for the online evaluation. But you will lose your money
                              since you cannot order it online.

Comment

Working...