Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hairismylife
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by k9gatton
    Let me give you a better answer than before.

It depends on how long the hair loss has occurred. If it just recently started, you should
    start with known medications first. Such as Finasteride, and Minoxidil Foam (I always recommend Foam,
    because you won't have scalp irritation and dandruff).

If that isn't working, and your hairloss is agressive, Progesterone is the next step.

For agressive hair loss, (dropping a few norwoods in a matter of years), go STRAIGHT to Progesterone. Just
    skip taking Finasteride, possibly. And get the HIGHEST Progesterone dosage possible.

Remember, every .1% topical is equal to one milligrams, in tablet form. That's the general rule
    with this medications.

Since it's almost Summer here, in the U.S., I'm going to take pictures with better lighting, as people
    have requested me to do that.
    I lost 2.5 Norwoods in 4 years. I definitely wanna try progesterone but I have little knowledge of this stuff. Is it safe to use? What I concern most is cancer. And would you please suggest me a source for it thanks. And do I need to use it in combination with other stuff such as Minox or use it alone to see the result first? Sorry for asking so many questions.

Comment

• k9gatton
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Hairismylife
      I lost 2.5 Norwoods in 4 years. I definitely wanna try progesterone but I have little knowledge of this stuff. Is it safe to use? What I concern most is cancer. And would you please suggest me a source for it thanks. And do I need to use it in combination with other stuff such as Minox or use it alone to see the result first? Sorry for asking so many questions.
      That's OK. That's why I made this thread, to answer questions.

It all depends where you get it from. Both MedicalWellnessCenter and Regenepure (Klein's formula) will customize it for you.

In my own experience, Promox was much easier to cusomize my Progesterone prescription. They might do it for you and
      give you customized/low amount of Minoxidil. Promox is called that because it contains Finasteride (1 milligram's worth)
      mixed in, in addition to Minoxidil.

Now, that said, it contains hydrocortisone, so the scalp won't reject the medications. That's very important. I would recommend
      you DO NOT get it with Retinol, which is an acid that helps absorb Minoxidil. Also, I don't get the Aezalic acid. I do get it with
      Latanoprost, the eyelash regrowth medication. So far I'm very happy, and have no side effects.

Would definitely get .5% Progesterone (default is .25%, I believe). But, you could go as high has 1%, which is what I plan on
      doing on my next Promox script.

Comment

• Hairismylife
        • Jun 2012

That's OK. That's why I made this thread, to answer questions.

It all depends where you get it from. Both MedicalWellnessCenter and Regenepure (Klein's formula) will customize it for you.

In my own experience, Promox was much easier to cusomize my Progesterone prescription. They might do it for you and
        give you customized/low amount of Minoxidil. Promox is called that because it contains Finasteride (1 milligram's worth)
        mixed in, in addition to Minoxidil.

Now, that said, it contains hydrocortisone, so the scalp won't reject the medications. That's very important. I would recommend
        you DO NOT get it with Retinol, which is an acid that helps absorb Minoxidil. Also, I don't get the Aezalic acid. I do get it with
        Latanoprost, the eyelash regrowth medication. So far I'm very happy, and have no side effects.

Would definitely get .5% Progesterone (default is .25%, I believe). But, you could go as high has 1%, which is what I plan on
        doing on my next Promox script.
        Do you suggest to skip Minox in the mixture to see how it goes first?

Or if using Minox to kick start the regrowth then can I drop it thereafter, leaving prog to maintain it?

Comment

• Hairismylife
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Mickael
          Funny to see actually someone trying progesterone. I have been saying for years on hair loss forums that progesterone is something that is actually helping hair loss.

Finasteride is considered a progestin (synthetic progesterone). The problem is that finasteride will steal the 5-alpha from progesterone and blocks the production of useful hormones while causing all sort of side effects. Progesterone is safer since you actually continue to produce those useful hormones while on it, it's not side effects free however.

Topical anti-androgens are effective because only the DHT produced locally has an effect on the hair. Spiro is not effective however because blocking the receptor doesn't last long enough to benefit from it. Progestins like fina/duta/proges are far more powerful since one dose will stop the productions of DHT for days, this is in the hundreds of % more effective than what spiro can actually do (including RU).
          Prog is safer than Fin, true?

Comment

• k9gatton
            • Oct 2016

Not really. I reallynlike Murray acotherapy because they make very high quality mixtures. Used them since 2012. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Hairismylife
              • Jun 2012

Not really. I reallynlike Murray acotherapy because they make very high quality mixtures. Used them since 2012. Highly recommended.
              Sorry which of my two posts you are answering?
              I will contact Murray today.

Comment

• k9gatton
                • Oct 2016

Sorry which of my two posts you are answering?
                I will contact Murray today.
                Progesterone might not be safer than Finasteride, as far as having some of the same side effects. Topical Finasteride
                might have the same side effects as oral. I really don't know.

Comment

• Hairismylife
                  • Jun 2012

Progesterone might not be safer than Finasteride, as far as having some of the same side effects. Topical Finasteride
                  might have the same side effects as oral. I really don't know.
                  So I did some research of Prog there few days.
                  I read someone said it will CAUSE hairloss if you aren't estrogen dominance and prog can cause more DHT converted. I really have no idea. But seems Prog quality is critical in success? I read a term called "micronised progesterone", seems effective but again I have no idea. Anyway I will definitely give prog a try but still wanna know more about this stuff.

Comment

• Gossip
                    • Jun 2015

@k9gatton , Murray Avenue progesterone says "Massage a dime size dab into scalp once daily. Leave in for 15 minutes, then rinse."

So, do you apply progesterone just for 15 min only and then rinse?

Comment

• k9gatton
                      • Oct 2016

It's a prescribed topical medication. I just leave it in. It contains Finasteride, Progesterone, and Minoxidil.

Comment

• gerralddonaldson
                        • Nov 2017

I have found the cheapest price for all this meds on this website http://rxpromocodes.com

Comment

• k9gatton
                          • Oct 2016

So I did some research of Prog there few days.
                          I read someone said it will CAUSE hairloss if you aren't estrogen dominance and prog can cause more DHT converted. I really have no idea. But seems Prog quality is critical in success? I read a term called "micronised progesterone", seems effective but again I have no idea. Anyway I will definitely give prog a try but still wanna know more about this stuff.
                          Sorry about the late update. Progesterone has really helped me keep my hair in. I take a higher dosage (two percent), from Promox, and I'm really happy with that.

For me, it kept my hair in, for the most part. Cannot really say if it grew it back in or not. Progesterone is the precursor to Testosterone, and there isn't a lot of evidence either way.

Comment

• k9gatton
                            • Oct 2016

It's a prescribed topical medication. I just leave it in. It contains Finasteride, Progesterone, and Minoxidil.
                            I apply more than that in my scalp. I am using the highest Minoxidil dosage they provide (thirty percent). It's mixed with Finasteride and Progesterone (their's has only 0.5% Progesterone in it).

I don't massage in. I just put it where I am balding.

Comment

• k9gatton
                              • Oct 2016

Update on Progesterone

I'm doing microneedling, and using a 2% Progesterone solution.

Finally gaining my hair back. But still have a Norwood 3 hairline. I will update this thread with pictures.

Comment

• sizzlinghairs
                                • Apr 2011

Spiro is a better treatment than Progesterone for females, so I'm not going to touch that subject in this thread.

Although this didn't do much for my hairline (twenty new terminal hairs), it did do quite a lot for my vertex area. However, I currently use it on both.

Started January 2016 (.25% Progesterone). In September the amount was doubled to .5%.

Currently I am using a topical formula that contains .5% Progesterone. In "theory", every .1% is equal to one milligram of medication.

Left picture - January 2016.

Right picture - September 2016
                                side effects?

Comment

Working...