Topical Progesterone used to combat male androgen alopecia - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

whats apricot t?

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    What are the side effects? Progesterone is a potent 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, I would assume it would have similar side effects as finasteride, currently using minoxidil and ketocanozole with no negative effects, I've also heard of feeling excessively sleepy, any of you guys experience that?
    Progesterone is a natural hormone men produce, but in much smaller amounts then women do. Haven't had any erection difficulties, which is common for many men in their forties. Would rate myself the same
    as other men my age, in that respect.

Progesterone has the opposite effect on the hair than DHT. It keeps it from falling out, and resting. In some ways it is a hair growth stimulant as well, and performs the tasks that Minoxidil does.

Progesterone in women is used to keep the fetus alive. This is true for both female and male fetuses.

Even now, I lose less hair than the average "full head" guy. It's definitely much smaller than a hundred hairs a day.

Haven't had any sleepy side effects, in fact I'm wired with a lot of energy. Sometimes too much energy. That's just genes, not Progesterone.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by cardib View Post
    whats apricot t?
    A medication I should have tried in my twenties!!

LOL Apricot T.... yeah... right....

Quote Originally Posted by goldnt View Post
    I decided to go the compounding pharmacy website to see if they sold any products without a script and they do.

I found their progesterone leave in treatment at a strength of 2%.

https://murrayavenueapothecary.vende...e-in-treatment

I decided to buy it. Now i'm not sure if its working as I have my hair buzzcut so i cant tell if hair loss has slowed down. But what I do know, is that when DHT is not attaching itself to the androgen receptor of my hair, I don't get those constant burning sensations on my scalp. Those sensations are what indicate me when hair loss is occurring. As it continues the root of my hair becomes inflamed and finally falls out.

So as of now even with the product Ive still been getting those sensations which has me believing its not working or working enough. With that being said i just wanted to let you know about this product I found. I think ill be moving back to RU but premade with KB. Ru certainly worked for me but with problems in the past. I'm a diffuse thinner and so when i had long hair I had to use a lot of Ru to cover my head completely. Unfortunately it had gone systematic and given me gyno. Hopefully this time since my hair is so short i can avoid that situation again.
    Good to hear from, my friend. Heard you got a transplant?

Tried their biotin, and I really didn't have any success (Murray's biotin solution, not prescribed by MedicalWellnessCenter).

After that, I kind of lost faith in the non prescribed medications. I'm just sticking to prescriptions.

I'm trying to grow my hair out this year. Might even grow it long again.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltynuts View Post
    LOL Apricot T.... yeah... right....
    There is an estrogen topical solution. A friend of mine used it. He regrew almost ninety
    percent of his hair. He also had lots of success.

The problem is I can't order it from the US. Otherwise, I would be using that treatment as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    What are the side effects? Progesterone is a potent 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, I would assume it would have similar side effects as finasteride, currently using minoxidil and ketocanozole with no negative effects, I've also heard of feeling excessively sleepy, any of you guys experience that?
    There really isn't any side effects that I've had. Progesterone is a growth stimulator and an anti DHT medication.

Women produce a lot more than men. It's been studied in women, and found that spiro is more successful in women. However, Progesterone alone did have success in women. It was done in an international government study.

It hasn't been studied in men, however. Keep in mind it can raise estrogen levels. That is a risk that
    comes with taking it.

Re medroxyprogestorone its been added to minoxidil in 0.25% for many years and I used it in the late 80s and 90s and in 4 and 5% minoxidil from well known uk clinics and today is still sold and for me it helped quite a bit in them days.
    When I got fed up applying it I hair slowly started to thin again I noticed how much it helped.
    Now I did get days when sometimes I got really tired about 12 miday I did think it was due to getting up at 6 am for work but im not so sure.
    Anyway its good for if you still have hair but on the front where I had receaded and was shiny bald it did not do anything so I did an experiment where I left using for a month or two and noticed I was getting bad thinning so I returned to using the 4% minoxidil mix and in two weeks my hair was thickening up again.
    What I did do was use twice a day and add more then 1ml on the bad front and crown loss until I got the result I was happy with.
    But now im in my late 50s leaving it so long without using due to being lazy to apply perhaps I would have kept more hair.
    I am back on proscar I take half on Monday, Wed And Friday and after shedding a lot in the drain started to slow the loss down again.
    So I wonder is it worth going back on the minox 5% with progest in combo with proscar or using minox foam with a natural progesterone cream the only thing I like about the mix of minox contained in a lotion its good to only apply in one go.
    Anyone who may have tried different clinics 5% mix may notice if applying say 1.5mls that your scalp when dried is white and I did contact the supplier and he said that this does happen so that's a pain to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    There is an estrogen topical solution. A friend of mine used it. He regrew almost ninety
    percent of his hair. He also had lots of success.

The problem is I can't order it from the US. Otherwise, I would be using that treatment as well.

Oh yea? 90%? Might you point me to said topical solution?

He got 90% of his hair back . What's the product ?