Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k9gatton
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Hairismylife
    So I did some research of Prog there few days.
    I read someone said it will CAUSE hairloss if you aren't estrogen dominance and prog can cause more DHT converted. I really have no idea. But seems Prog quality is critical in success? I read a term called "micronised progesterone", seems effective but again I have no idea. Anyway I will definitely give prog a try but still wanna know more about this stuff.
    Sorry about the late update. Progesterone has really helped me keep my hair in. I take a higher dosage (two percent), from Promox, and I'm really happy with that.

For me, it kept my hair in, for the most part. Cannot really say if it grew it back in or not. Progesterone is the precursor to Testosterone, and there isn't a lot of evidence either way.

Comment

• k9gatton
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by k9gatton
      It's a prescribed topical medication. I just leave it in. It contains Finasteride, Progesterone, and Minoxidil.
      I apply more than that in my scalp. I am using the highest Minoxidil dosage they provide (thirty percent). It's mixed with Finasteride and Progesterone (their's has only 0.5% Progesterone in it).

I don't massage in. I just put it where I am balding.

Comment

• Jazz1
        • Aug 2012

I apply more than that in my scalp. I am using the highest Minoxidil dosage they provide (thirty percent). It's mixed with Finasteride and Progesterone (their's has only 0.5% Progesterone in it).

I don't massage in. I just put it where I am balding.

Hey how’s the 30%? Any headaches? I been using the 15% and am very happy I wonder how 30% works...

Comment

• k9gatton
          • Oct 2016

Update on Progesterone

I'm doing microneedling, and using a 2% Progesterone solution.

Finally gaining my hair back. But still have a Norwood 3 hairline. I will update this thread with pictures.

Comment

• sizzlinghairs
            • Apr 2011

Spiro is a better treatment than Progesterone for females, so I'm not going to touch that subject in this thread.

Although this didn't do much for my hairline (twenty new terminal hairs), it did do quite a lot for my vertex area. However, I currently use it on both.

Started January 2016 (.25% Progesterone). In September the amount was doubled to .5%.

Currently I am using a topical formula that contains .5% Progesterone. In "theory", every .1% is equal to one milligram of medication.

Left picture - January 2016.

Right picture - September 2016
            side effects?

Comment

Working...