+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

I apologize k9gatton
    Progesterone is now 25 ml into 60 ml minox

Hello,

So the deal is to add 0.5% progesterone in minox ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seuxin View Post
    Hello,

Everybody is different. My experience was a norwood 4 to a Norwood 3. It took time though. Doubled the dose in september 2016. Best decision I made.

Quote Originally Posted by Seuxin View Post
    Hello,

Let me give you a better answer than before.

It depends on how long the hair loss has occurred. If it just recently started, you should
    start with known medications first. Such as Finasteride, and Minoxidil Foam (I always recommend Foam,
    because you won't have scalp irritation and dandruff).

If that isn't working, and your hairloss is agressive, Progesterone is the next step.

For agressive hair loss, (dropping a few norwoods in a matter of years), go STRAIGHT to Progesterone. Just
    skip taking Finasteride, possibly. And get the HIGHEST Progesterone dosage possible.

Remember, every .1% topical is equal to one milligrams, in tablet form. That's the general rule
    with this medications.

Since it's almost Summer here, in the U.S., I'm going to take pictures with better lighting, as people
    have requested me to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    Let me give you a better answer than before.

It depends on how long the hair loss has occurred. If it just recently started, you should
    start with known medications first. Such as Finasteride, and Minoxidil Foam (I always recommend Foam,
    because you won't have scalp irritation and dandruff).

If that isn't working, and your hairloss is agressive, Progesterone is the next step.

For agressive hair loss, (dropping a few norwoods in a matter of years), go STRAIGHT to Progesterone. Just
    skip taking Finasteride, possibly. And get the HIGHEST Progesterone dosage possible.

Remember, every .1% topical is equal to one milligrams, in tablet form. That's the general rule
    with this medications.

Since it's almost Summer here, in the U.S., I'm going to take pictures with better lighting, as people
    have requested me to do that.
    I lost 2.5 Norwoods in 4 years. I definitely wanna try progesterone but I have little knowledge of this stuff. Is it safe to use? What I concern most is cancer. And would you please suggest me a source for it thanks. And do I need to use it in combination with other stuff such as Minox or use it alone to see the result first? Sorry for asking so many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    I lost 2.5 Norwoods in 4 years. I definitely wanna try progesterone but I have little knowledge of this stuff. Is it safe to use? What I concern most is cancer. And would you please suggest me a source for it thanks. And do I need to use it in combination with other stuff such as Minox or use it alone to see the result first? Sorry for asking so many questions.
    That's OK. That's why I made this thread, to answer questions.

It all depends where you get it from. Both MedicalWellnessCenter and Regenepure (Klein's formula) will customize it for you.

In my own experience, Promox was much easier to cusomize my Progesterone prescription. They might do it for you and
    give you customized/low amount of Minoxidil. Promox is called that because it contains Finasteride (1 milligram's worth)
    mixed in, in addition to Minoxidil.

Now, that said, it contains hydrocortisone, so the scalp won't reject the medications. That's very important. I would recommend
    you DO NOT get it with Retinol, which is an acid that helps absorb Minoxidil. Also, I don't get the Aezalic acid. I do get it with
    Latanoprost, the eyelash regrowth medication. So far I'm very happy, and have no side effects.

Would definitely get .5% Progesterone (default is .25%, I believe). But, you could go as high has 1%, which is what I plan on
    doing on my next Promox script.

That's OK. That's why I made this thread, to answer questions.

It all depends where you get it from. Both MedicalWellnessCenter and Regenepure (Klein's formula) will customize it for you.

In my own experience, Promox was much easier to cusomize my Progesterone prescription. They might do it for you and
    give you customized/low amount of Minoxidil. Promox is called that because it contains Finasteride (1 milligram's worth)
    mixed in, in addition to Minoxidil.

Now, that said, it contains hydrocortisone, so the scalp won't reject the medications. That's very important. I would recommend
    you DO NOT get it with Retinol, which is an acid that helps absorb Minoxidil. Also, I don't get the Aezalic acid. I do get it with
    Latanoprost, the eyelash regrowth medication. So far I'm very happy, and have no side effects.

Would definitely get .5% Progesterone (default is .25%, I believe). But, you could go as high has 1%, which is what I plan on
    doing on my next Promox script.
    Do you suggest to skip Minox in the mixture to see how it goes first?

Or if using Minox to kick start the regrowth then can I drop it thereafter, leaving prog to maintain it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickael View Post
    Funny to see actually someone trying progesterone. I have been saying for years on hair loss forums that progesterone is something that is actually helping hair loss.

Finasteride is considered a progestin (synthetic progesterone). The problem is that finasteride will steal the 5-alpha from progesterone and blocks the production of useful hormones while causing all sort of side effects. Progesterone is safer since you actually continue to produce those useful hormones while on it, it's not side effects free however.

Topical anti-androgens are effective because only the DHT produced locally has an effect on the hair. Spiro is not effective however because blocking the receptor doesn't last long enough to benefit from it. Progestins like fina/duta/proges are far more powerful since one dose will stop the productions of DHT for days, this is in the hundreds of % more effective than what spiro can actually do (including RU).
    Prog is safer than Fin, true?

Not really. I reallynlike Murray acotherapy because they make very high quality mixtures. Used them since 2012. Highly recommended.

Not really. I reallynlike Murray acotherapy because they make very high quality mixtures. Used them since 2012. Highly recommended.
    Sorry which of my two posts you are answering?
    I will contact Murray today.