+ Reply to Thread

Angry My experience with minoxidil

Before using minoxidil please consider my experience.

Started loosing hair in 2010, in 2011 I went on minoxidil for 4 months. In those 4 months I lost the most hair in my life, since then, I am struggling to regrow it. When I stopped it, the shedding stopped.

So in my oppinion minoxidil is a dangerous fraud that people should avoid. Just because it`s accepted and promoted, it doesn't mean that it is good for you.

It`s all business.

Quote Originally Posted by sayian View Post

Started loosing hair in 2010, in 2011 I went on minoxidil for 4 months. In those 4 months I lost the most hair in my life, since then, I am struggling to regrow it. When I stopped it, the shedding stopped.

So in my oppinion minoxidil is a dangerous fraud that people should avoid. Just because it`s accepted and promoted, it doesn't mean that it is good for you.

It`s all business.
    Lots of people have that experience. I think only forty five percent of men even respond to it. At the most, it only puts you twenty five percent above baseline.

I was on min for a number of years. It didn't do a thing for me. I was afraid to stop it believing that it might work eventually, or might be helping me to keep what i have. I finally bit the bullet and stopped my compulsiveness and nothing changed. . As far as I am concerned I fall into that percent of humans that do not benefit from it. Lucky me.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewater View Post
    I was on min for a number of years. It didn't do a thing for me. I was afraid to stop it believing that it might work eventually, or might be helping me to keep what i have. I finally bit the bullet and stopped my compulsiveness and nothing changed. . As far as I am concerned I fall into that percent of humans that do not benefit from it. Lucky me.
    Unfortunately lots of people don't respond. The effects I used to get from it when I was in my twenties are long gone. I have to use high volumes, and even that isn't doing as much for me as it once did. Only forty five percent of men respond. And it only puts people 25% above baseline, if they used nothing at all.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and agree. I hate minox.

The good news is finasteride exists and FUE hair surgery. You should look into that moving forward. I know it get's more costly but for me at least, my image is sadly one of the most important aspects of my life. So was worth the investment.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
    HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
    Finasteride daily, since 2014
    Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year

I had also used FIN for a number of years. Apparently the doctor that wrote the prescription prescribed way to much. What I am recalling may not be accurate because it was so long ago, but it might have been 5mg a day. It did retain , or stop my hair from receding further, but I had adverse reactions. Perhaps some sexual side affects , but definitely it affected my attitude. I got short tempered and got snappy. I really didn't realize that until I stopped taking it and I calmed down. Its to late now for that anyway. I am not happy with how much hair I have left , so its not worth holding on to it. I have been trying this "needling" therapy, but I can't tell if its doing anything. Its been about a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by sayian View Post

It`s all business.
    minoxidil is revolting, I tried it for a few weeks and it completely changed the texture of my hair, it looks awful now.