+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default This is Alex, nice to meet you all!!

I am 28 years old, and I notice my hair line receding at around 24. Well at 21 and 22 I started to see my temples getting bigger, but I wasn't very worried. Then at 23 I decided to leave my hair long like Martin Riggs in lethal weapon 3
    At that point I got concerned in the sense that my hair in the top of my head didn't grow long!!!! So i had this long hair on the side and back enough to get a pony tail, but my top hair was thin and medium short.
    At 26 I decided to comb backwards with gel ala michael corleone only that in pics i looked like vito corleone. My M was formed and my hairline receded a lot and my temples grew bigger.
    In all this timeline I do remember leaving a lot of hair in the comb. Since i turned 27 my hair stopped falling or at least i think it has. My comb doesn't even have a single hair anymore.
    Anyway, looking back on all those pics it makes sad that at 28 i already have this issue. My father has really thin hair in the top and also his older brother, but the rest of his other 6 brothers have thick hair at 50+ years of age.
    It seems like i have the same hairline as my father, but i am getting there at a faster pace. My father had a lot more hair at my age.
    I been searching this topic for 3 years now and for some reason i wasn't convinced with the doctors i visited. Thanks to iahrs.org and now the bald truth i have more weapons to battle in this never ending war aganist balding.
    I decided in june of this year to drop the towel and move on, but looking at pics i cannot seem to let it go. Now is so nice to have a forum like this one with no marketers trying to convince me to rush my decision.
    I added some pics in my profile. I am here to listen to all opinions. I am interested at FUE method with no meds.

Nice to be here Spencer, and i can't listen to you as my car has sirius instead of xm.

Thanks everyone and i look forward to exchange lots of opinions.!

Hey Alex, what's up? You sound like a big movie fan. So am I. Leathal Weapon three wasn't really that great if i remember correctly--it's been so long since i saw it. The first two are the best. Actually the second one might really be the best in my opinion. And yeah Mel Gibson had great hair in those early movies. But look what happend to him...his hair is pretty compromised now. Actually that is being kind. His hair it pretty bad now...what's left of it. Anyway I saw your pics...are you on Propecia? Have you tried it yet? And hey you can listen to the show online at stickam.com. Check it out...

Actually i am a big movie fan. i am always quoting movie phrases fo sho. HAHAHA
    The answer to your question is no, I haven't tried propecia and never will. I am trying however soy milk which latest studies show it has the same effects of propecia and other benefits as well. The video of "Possible cure for baldness" gave me hope. They say it could be out on the market as early as 3 to 4 years. Well till now and then I only have the FUE method as my hope, and hopefully by the time i need the 2nd procedure new tech should have arrived.
    You think I am NW 3 or 4? Does it really look i need a HT?

Hey Alex, I'd say you're about a norwood three--i think.

So you're really that set against taking propecia. Why? Im certainly not trying to push propecia on you, it's just that it seems to be the most effective treatment out there. I was initially a little apprehensive about taking it too--i was one of those people who didnt want to take a pill every day. I didnt even like to take aspirin. But ive been on the drug for seven and a half years without any problems. And it stopped my hair loss dead in its tracks. So you may want to reconsider. But if you really dont ever want to try it I can certainly respect that too. Just something to think about...

Yeah, i dont really like all the side effects propecia has, from tender breast to depression. I just won't ever take drugs unless for treatment of an illness, but not for vanity. I will follow diets and exercise to keep me healthy and i just been drinking soy milk for 2 months now. All i need now is to exchange opinions on this forum and let me know what people think about my pattern and will decide pretty soon of going or not for HT.

Hey,

I'm not a doctor but from what I know if you decide to go ahead with the HT you will most likely need to consider taking propecia to maintain the hair that you have. If not, over time, you'll be left with the HT hair and the rest will keep thinning. The only other option to date that I know of is to use rogaine as a topical or maybe the lazer, but the lazer is not proven from what I've researched.

I recently decided to take the plunge with propecia as I plan to have a HT and want to keep what I have currently. I really hope that sometime in the near future they'll be cloning hairs so I can go off the propecia and have a limitless supply of donor hairs. I think the technology is there but not quite at the commercial level yet.

Hope this helps!

Why this thing keeps logging me out? Yesterday i was writing a long reply and wouln't let me reply because i was logged out, then i tried to log in and it took me again and again to the log in page. What gives??

Arrow Session Timeout

Quote Originally Posted by delpiero1980 View Post
    Why this thing keeps logging me out? Yesterday i was writing a long reply and wouln't let me reply because i was logged out, then i tried to log in and it took me again and again to the log in page. What gives??
    Hi Alex -

There is a session time out on the forum that was set to occur after 15 minutes, meaning if you avoided clicking on anything for 15 minutes (which happened when writing the long post) the forum logged you out. I have increased the time to 40 minutes which should rectify the problem. Please send me a PM if this problem persists so that I can further investigate what may be causing this issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.