+ Reply to Thread

Smile exactly what WOULD happen if someone else's hair was grafted in to my head?

If there is an MD who can answer this question, that would be great! If you answer these questions below, please tell me what your health care background is. Thanks.

If someone else's hair was grafted in to the top of my head, would the hair just not grow? Would it just fall out? Would each place where a follicle was attached to my scalp become red and infected? Would I get a fever?

Or what about grafting artificial hair in to the top of my head: what would happen then.

Thanks.

I've noticed that all around the world, there are doctors who are transplanting artificial hair in to patients. As far as I can tell, it's not being done in America. Just look up the words "artificial hair transplant" on Google.com.
    There must be some success with this method, or it wouldn't be so widespread, would it?!

Quote Originally Posted by 2016 View Post
    If there is an MD who can answer this question, that would be great! If you answer these questions below, please tell me what your health care background is. Thanks.

If someone else's hair was grafted in to the top of my head, would the hair just not grow? Would it just fall out? Would each place where a follicle was attached to my scalp become red and infected? Would I get a fever?

Or what about grafting artificial hair in to the top of my head: what would happen then.

Thanks.

If you grafted someone else's hair onto your body it most likely would not survive long enough to grow. Infection could also break out until what the body sees as a foreign object is ejected.

Artificial hair fibres are banned in many developed countries due to the problems they have been known to cause. I've seen several patients that had this procedure done in Italy, Japan and even Iran and the scalp is in a constant state of infection to varying degrees. Scarring forms from the constant infection and subsequent antibiotic rounds that the patient goes through and it just winds up being a mess.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Default an artificial hair company called Biofibre responded to me. this is what they said:

"Good Morning,

Biofibre is not yet FDA registered as clearance is very long and expensive.

There are US people who received implant outside us and one of that we know is a doctor living in Nashville.

If you want get in touch with him to have information and share with him please be in touch with him"
    __________________________________________________ ______
    I wrote the doctor. Let's see what he says.

Ever since I had my ACL repair surgery, I have wondered about getting other people's hair grafted to another persons scalp. I had a cadaver ligament instead of my own tissue, even though the doctor said there's a small chance for my body to reject it. It has healed well and my knee is back to normal (sort of). However, I would imagine the difference between the two situations is that the ligament is just used as a bridge for the ACL to heal over, not an actual living organ (like a hair follicle). But what about people with lung or heart transplants?

Quote Originally Posted by 2016 View Post
    "Good Morning,

Biofibre is not yet FDA registered as clearance is very long and expensive.

There are US people who received implant outside us and one of that we know is a doctor living in Nashville.

If you want get in touch with him to have information and share with him please be in touch with him"
    __________________________________________________ ______
    I wrote the doctor. Let's see what he says.

This is really just a bad idea overall. I highly recommend you seek alternative options.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

biofibre
    a new generation of very few successful infected
    View
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26016977