+ Reply to Thread

Default 5 years of hair loss and I am tired of it all.

Hi guys,

I just found out about this place and I find the site/forum to be very comforting.

I never would have thought of the day where I would sign up for a forum like this to vent. This hairloss deal has been going on for the past 4-5 years and I'm just sick and tired of it. I wake up on most mornings wishing the day was over already so I can go back to bed.

I'm 24. I've always been a big fan of hair. I loved my hair and everything about it. The first 3 years were horrible. It felt like the whole world was coming down on me and the weight so heavy I could never stand up again. I was around 19 when I first started noticing hair loss. I panicked and complained daily to family and close friends. Emotional support was hard to find. Where you think you would get the most support coming from your parents, instead you receive the most grief. My parents never understood the pain and just brushed it off. Every time I bring it up, they roll their eyes. Mom even convinced me for the longest time it wasn't going to get any worse and "it always looked like that." I've always tried to find the slightest hint of sympathy coming from them, and found none. Their comments never made me feel better and it always made me feel pathetic for worrying. They just didn't understand. Any communication that's going to be made is wasted time. These days I don't even bother about it with them. And I'm sure they are tired of listening too.

The impact that hairloss had on my life was dramatic. I've become introverted. I don't go out on a bad day, which is almost everyday. I can't look someone and hold a conversation without being self-conscious about my hair. I've withdrawn from the dating scene. My dating life is non-existant and the thing is, it wasn't always like this before. Back in high school and the early years of college, I was very much able to socialize with girls. My head is shaved now and the receding line is still very much visible, and it bothers me a great deal.

I've tried Rogaine 2 years into hairloss for 1 full year with no results. Wasted money on a bunch herbal BS way back when I didn't know any better, though I still take saw palmetto. Scared to death with Propecia's side effects. AND... I just purchased the laser comb (shoot me). I will return that if I don't see anything within the return period.

Yea, I'm pretty desperate.

Anyways I'm done for now. Just tired of all this. These 5 years have certainly been a crazy ride in how it has changed me. I feel like a shell of my former self. The dreams and goals I had when I was younger, I have slowly lost interest in pursuing.

Yeah, hairloss fking sucks... I am 20. I am at sort of the early stages. But my hair definitely DOES NOT look "good" anymore...looks ok..but like meh...

Yeah... I don't think the lasercomb will really do anything at all. Make sure you try it out and return it within the time period allowed.

Propecia is definitely worth taking...I plan on getting on it or something generic soon. I will try rogaine also...

I hope this stuff will work for me...

Life is still awesome though...i mean...its a life... just enjoy it. This is bullshit and ****ing retarded but if we can't do anything...we can't.

Let us know how the lasercomb goes. I suggest getting on propecia if your not on it

I have heard that the laser comb cannot and does not work because the rays cannot penetrate the scalps outer linning to regrow or stimulate anything to regrow. Trust me i spent $7400 on laser therapy that was suppose to regrow my hair naturally only to have nothing but a lighter wallet in the end. I would strongly suggest that you return it in the trial period. Their are other threads on the site that go into deeper detail explaining this. gl in getting it back though

yeah get your money back...it wont work!

Rather spend that 500 dollar on a crap load of minoxidil and just bathe in it

lol, no ...dont do that! :P But you can at least increase minoxidil dosage or something better with that money