+ Reply to Thread
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Lindsey's Avatar

Default Dr. Lindsey Update on Multi-FUE procedure class 6, with video of mfue last year

Some of you may recall this guy from WAY back. He arrived years ago with class 6 hairloss, wanting only FUE. We did 3000 or so FUE's on him in a couple of procedures, 2 pretty close together and then one a year later. Now this fellow is the kind of guy I grew up with...I can relate to him. While I think we could have done 2 strip cases on him and polished off 85% of his scalp in a year....there is no reasoning with a self-made man who wants what he wants... So we did the FUE, made it through a few years of turmoil in his family and mine (when my daughter was really sick we did one of his cases) and he of course wanted a little more hair. That's because he had a lot of head to cover AND 3000 fue is not the same as 3000 via strip (times 2 for 2 cases he likely had in him).

Finally he decided that he wanted to let his hair grow about 3/4 of an inch or 1.5 cm for you metric guys, and he'd leave it like that "forever". Well he has tons of little scars, but no real donor depletion in his occipital region, but would not entertain a strip. So we did an MFUE on him about 10 months ago, and I video'd it and posted it. Its included with this thread for those of you who have not seen it.

Now I've posted LOTS of mfue scarring and in general, we get a bunch of 1 cm by 1.5mm scars, that, just like strip scars, get worse for several months and then fade. And I'd say that I've had 2 or 3 poorer scars with mfue, just the same rate that I have poor strip scars with 2 or 3 layer trichophytic closures....thus patient healing plays a role in mfue scarring too. (I've posted a few videos on those scars as well....not many doctors will post their poorer scars to accompany their good scars for full patient educational value).

Anyhow, about 2 weeks out from his mfue, I get an email on a Friday night, about 11pm...he'd been drinking with friends and decided to shave his head...and was shocked at his 2 week mfue scars...which were perfectly normal. I reminded him that he told me he was "certain" that he'd gotten over shaving his head. I think he replied "yeah, but...."

So as expected his scars improved, I think he was too busy to come by for a visit but recently emailed in this selfie showing a really nice hairline. He now wants to FUE into a few mfue scars, most apparently are hard to find, but a few are more noticable as he's back to a #2 cut in the back.

To summarize, this fellow has been a regular and is a good guy but a character with an independent streak. He has gone from BALD to a nice head of hair and is still greedy. I am sure we'll see him for something in the next few months and I'll try to get a video to post.

Dr. Lindsey

Attached pictures show him way back and at 4 years, and then just before the mfue, and then the selfie.

The video of his mfue is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCHCA3bIXJ0
    Attached Images
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Thanks for this recommendation. gold coast retaining walls