+ Reply to Thread

Default Is this NW 2 or 3?

Hey everybody,

I have basically been lurking here ever since I first noticed my hair change about five years ago. Haven't really taken pictures until recently after a visit to the hairdresser's, but it seems to be very gradual, the only thing that really seems to have changed much is the 'overhang' in the corners, which seems to have thinned out some if I compare recent photos and photos taken say four years ago. Haven't been taking meds. At the back I noticed something that might be a cowlick for all I know, but I don't know if that one is new or that I've always had it- and my judgement of it seems to depend very much on my mood

What stage is the front at do you think and should I do more than just keep an eye on the back?

I would appreciate your views/opinions very much!

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello and welcome to the best hairloss forum, The BTT.
    Fruitsalad, first of all, how old are you now?

That is an important thing to know.
    You do have a maturing hairline and I believe you have minor hairloss right now.
    These photos are good...good job!

Thanks for your reply, Artista. I'm 24 this month. Noticed changes in hairline etc by the time I was nineteen abouts, and have been keeping an eye on it ever since. As I said, either it hasn't really changed since then or it's been so slow that I didn't notice - never took pics until now, though, so can't be positive.

In my own opinion, I'm going to say a Norwood 2.5. Gradually it's becoming a three.

Minoxidil works on the hairline, as does Propecia (one milligram Finasteride), to some extent. Finasteride
    has a good record, and recovers a lot of hair. Minoxidil can do around twenty five percent above baseline,
    if you are responder.

Would recommend going on treatment ASAP. Because your hair looks a lot like mine. And the window for
    hairline regrowth isn't that long.

HELLO Fruitsalad !! Glad to hear from you..

Some of your words:
    "never took pics until now, though, so can't be positive"
    Fruitsalad, first of all, there is no need to allow yourself to become stressed or worried about this or anything else in your life.

Because you are still a young guy, I do not belief yet that you have 100% foresight available to you.
    If you did have that proper foresight, you would NOT ALLOW hairloss to affect you in a negative way.
    This is not a criticism of you. It is a fact of life.
    The last part of the brain that grows is the Neocortex and then you will have proper foresight and the ability to
    predict the consequences of your actions.
    That will happen once you are in your mid to late 20s!!
    I know that from my own experience. Im in my late 50s, Fruitsalad. (cool name)
    So please consider my point to you.
    I hope that I can help you with commonsense.
    There are a number of different hairloss repairs and fixings.
    So stick around here with us all.

Like your posts, Artista. They are positive and up beat. I'm in my late forties and approaching my fifties.

Hope I feel that way when I reach that age!

I like them, too, Artista, as it's basically what I try to keep in mind and it's good to hear it from others as well, so I ditto k9gatton.
    As for meds, k9gatton I wonder if it'd still make a difference, given that it's been a slow burn I wonder if the window of opportunity hasn't passed already - and if it has, then it's definitely not worth the possible side effects, to me. Or did you mean it really depends on how advanced the hairline itself is? Thanks to you both!

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsalad View Post
    I like them, too, Artista, as it's basically what I try to keep in mind and it's good to hear it from others as well, so I ditto k9gatton.
    As for meds, k9gatton I wonder if it'd still make a difference, given that it's been a slow burn I wonder if the window of opportunity hasn't passed already - and if it has, then it's definitely not worth the possible side effects, to me. Or did you mean it really depends on how advanced the hairline itself is? Thanks to you both!
    Finasteride will help. And you could probably grow some back on your hairline. I wish I took it when I was less advanced as I am now.

My hair looks very similiar to yours. Usually, people with thin dense populated hair, we can't really get that much back in our temple area. That
    was the case with me.

Hi again Fruitsalad!

I know that what k9gatton has suggested to you is a GOOD thing!
    More than likely, over time, it WILL help your hair.
    To what percentage no one can really know for a while.
    Give it a thought Fruit'!!
    I started on it back in 2013 and over time, it has HELPED my hairloss without any bad side-effects!!
    I am on it to this day bro!!

(good response k9gatton!)