+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I don't think it was necessarily coz Attlee was bald, I think he just was a modest and quiet man generally! He really was all substance and no style.

And Churchill, not only was he a baldie, but he was a ginger, and a bit of a podger too! No wonder the dude was so defiant

Was Cameron ever balding? I never noticed that. Has he not just got a high (in his case, huge) forehead?

How about Dick Cheney? He did pretty well for himself. Dunno if that counts as "positive".

How about Peter Gabriel?

Jack Nicholson, Phil Collins
    Last edited by mlao; 04-09-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: too long

I find myself putting others down a lot these days, it's the only way to redress the balance when they're being superior. It's just not me though.

I just wish my father had been sterilised when he started losing his hair. I really mean that and I'm seriously considering a vasectomy myself.

I can see a fake smile every time. I've never seen a genuine smile on a bald man, not once.

Yes, bald men need to be sterilized!

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    I find myself putting others down a lot these days, it's the only way to redress the balance when they're being superior. It's just not me though.

I just wish my father had been sterilised when he started losing his hair. I really mean that and I'm seriously considering a vasectomy myself.

I can see a fake smile every time. I've never seen a genuine smile on a bald man, not once.
    Dude, you can't be serious...

Default ok how about this guy

William Shakespeare

So you can't be a pretty boy...who cares?

Here is a simple solution, and it has worked in my life just as well as when I had hair.

Step 1: Shave your head.
    Step 2: Get a tan.
    Step 3: Work out and be buff.

A lot of women are attracted to the tough guy image so they can feel safe.

So here are a few guys who have made it work that won't apply to your list:

Stone Cold Steve Austin.
    Randy Couture.
    George Saint Pierre. (He isn't bald but he cuts it all the way down).
    Vin Diesel.

And as to not moving forward in your job it really depends on your field. All the top accoutants, doctors and lawyers I have met who have incredible salaries have been bald or balding. So you can't be a news anchor, doesn't mean you can't be successful.

^You have not been reading this thread and others.

Not being yourself isn't a solution.

It's not. Period.

Oh dear god, not another one. Right, let's explain a few things AGAIN.

Here is a simple solution, and it has worked in my life just as well as when I had hair.

Step 1: Shave your head.
    Step 2: Get a tan.
    Step 3: Work out and be buff.
    Okay, basically, as I have explained in earlier posts, this involves a lot of work, which isn't worth it when you hate the result. It's like walking from London to Edinburgh to buy aniseed balls, even though you don't like aniseed balls.

First of all, shaving your head is a daily commitment. Not only does it look crap, but unlike the balding look, you have to work on it every single day. Ten minutes of your life are washed down the sink on a daily basis just so you can look like a ****.

Second, getting a tan is nigh on impossible in a country where it rains most of the time and I am not wasting my life sitting in tanning machines just to look like I've been varnished. That would be an hour of your life each week lost and more if you can actually sit in the sun. All for a look that makes your head look like it's made of wood (I swear a lot of men who go down the meat head route actually do have wooden heads, because most of them are incapable of rational thought).

Finally, working out and being 'buff.' I have, never in my life, willingly gone to a gym. I don't want to go, because I think it is a waste of time and money. Nor have I ever harboured even the slightest ambition to body build, because I think well built men look retarded. They look like they spend their days doing heavy lifting because they're too stupid to do anything else. I even hate the word 'buff.' So the idea of giving up an hour of my life a day to this crap is not an idea that I willingly endorse.

In summary, I am a slave enough to balding already, without any of this crap to worry about. The idea of giving up an estimated 10% of my life to looking 'socially acceptable' WITH baldness is completely out of the question. That is time that can be spent trying treatments, which is heading towards a goal I actually want to achieve.

A lot of women are attracted to the tough guy image so they can feel safe.
    Women are attracted to bald men, no question. Some of them are good looking. However, I have never met a woman attracted to a bald man, who has followed your steps above, who I would want anything to do with. Women attracted to meat heads are generally air heads themselves.

So here are a few guys who have made it work that won't apply to your list:

Stone Cold Steve Austin.
    Randy Couture.
    George Saint Pierre. (He isn't bald but he cuts it all the way down).
    Vin Diesel.
    As I've said in previous posts, all these men are meat heads. I hated the image of these men before I lost my hair, so why should that change now? I used to see them occasionally in magazines and on TV and I didn't think 'he looks good.' I used to think 'twat.' I still think 'twat' now. Especially 'Stone Cold.' Dear me, being a crap actor is bad enough but pretending it's a sport makes it even worse.

And as to not moving forward in your job it really depends on your field. All the top accoutants, doctors and lawyers I have met who have incredible salaries have been bald or balding. So you can't be a news anchor, doesn't mean you can't be successful.
    It's the other way around where I live. I am the most senior balding person in my company, one rung off the bottom of the ladder. Okay, so we don't have anyone too junior in this company, but still I've been left well behind by friends and colleagues who didn't lose their hair. Oddly, our news anchors are often bald or balding.

I think the exception in the professions are doctors. A doctor is individual enough to either be obviously good or bad so no one can prejudice against his baldness. Unfortunately, it isn't like that in my field, to the extent that I am considering a career change to something where balding is acceptable (and where I can work from home, on my own).