+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I agree that neither proceedure is perfect, far from it and until hair can be regenerated and decent density achieved a hair transplant will always be an illusion and never look 100% natural. Especially with the thick caliber hair from the donor region transplanted into the hairline as nature diddnt intend.

But as of 2016 FUE is slightly better then a smiley scar in the back and side of the head. Just ask the many people who regret getting a transplant.

I got a 25cm scar from Dr. Feller that is .5cm wide for only 1,600 grafts in 2007 as a 20-year old. I can't cut my hair to a number 5 without this scar showing. Even the best strip Doctors aren't so great. Now I begin the process that Northeastguy just finished. At the time of the surgery I was told by Dr. Feller I wouldn't be able to shave my head. A number 5 isn't shaving your head. Strip scars are pathetic and take advantage of young guys who are desperate for instant gratification. If I had done an FUE my life would be normal and I could shave my head without requiring future repair surgeries. You think a little hair loss is bad. Try walking around with an exposed 25cm scar on your head and see how you feel. I have a beautiful wife and baby and am successful, and I am depressed over this scar. Feller told me I had a proper surgery and nothing was done wrong. He seems to be the only Doctor who feels that way.

Quote Originally Posted by scar d View Post
    As someone who has a lovely smiley face on the back of my head thanks to a Fut procedure from one of the recommended docs I would have to disagree. My scar although only 2-3mm which isnt so bad and is flat. The colateral damage to the hair below the scar line where the skin has been pulled has left lower density which when my hair is cut to less then a number 5 you can see a low density patch 15mm below the length of the scarline.

This procedure should be left in the history books as far as im concerned. Go have a look at 'northeastguys' repair thread and want he went through to try improve his scar.

The problem is as you loose more hair on the top of your head most people look better with short sides which make the hair on top look thicker then it actually is.Apart from the scar and the collateral damage caused to the hairs along the incision, as the incision is closed the hairs are pulled in different direction which even at a number 4 can be noticeable, and the more poceedures you get the worse the direction in the hairs becomes. So if you really must get a transplant, FUE should be the only option currently.

Hopefully something better comes up soon from the treatments that are curently in trials.

I have to disagree. My scar was done on the side and I have no problem with it. Icut my hair at number 3 and nobody sees it