+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Understand what you're saying. You will probably have some hair loss. It may or may not be as much as your father.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    Understand what you're saying. You will probably have some hair loss. It may or may not be as much as your father.
    Yeah. I'm actually quite fine with that.

Another thing that I thought of, while googling traction alopecia, is that I used to sport a manbun for about 3-4 months. It was really tight - meaning that the hair was pulled tight not that it was cool hahaha. Apparently, from what I've read, is that it could also help to progress MPB. Maybe I did that? Maybe my hair was getting a bit weaker and I just pulled it out and now it's not going to grow back. But I don't know.

I've started eating meat again. See if it helps with anything. My body shows clear signs of vitamin deficiency so that could play a major role, too. I'll just see how it goes.

Is this minituarization or regrowth? It grows with my natural hairline and seems to be connected as well to the sides.

It looks like androgen alopecia to me, only because parts that are pulled have the same amount of thinning.

For a man bun, that would probably be the hair on the nape, I would guess (would have the most pull). (
    I can only grow a "man marble" as a Norwood four).

A man bun is on top, so it would have less pulling on the front. That's why I think it's androgen alopecia.

This is a test that's usually true, chin -> nostrils = top of nose -> hairline should be (could be a centimeter off).

It sucks. My hairline is Norwood three vertex, slowly approaching Norwood four. I understand. But I really think
    that Minoxidil would work if it's in the beginning stages.

If you do try it, try the foam.

You are balding my friend..

I started noticing something wasn't right in my early 20's too. If it's not looking right to you, than it's not. ;-)

I'd recommend for now you begin taking Finasteride. I regret not using it sooner, but I was scared of the 5% chance of negative effect. Proud to say I'm part of the 95%. lol Was worth the risk. Wouldn't recommend looking into hair transplant until at least a couple more years down the line. But you will eventually need it. Be sure to start researching now though and saving up. Highly recommend FUE.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
    HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
    Finasteride daily, since 2014
    Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year

It looks like androgen alopecia to me, only because parts that are pulled have the same amount of thinning.

For a man bun, that would probably be the hair on the nape, I would guess (would have the most pull). (
    I can only grow a "man marble" as a Norwood four).

A man bun is on top, so it would have less pulling on the front. That's why I think it's androgen alopecia.

This is a test that's usually true, chin -> nostrils = top of nose -> hairline should be (could be a centimeter off).

It sucks. My hairline is Norwood three vertex, slowly approaching Norwood four. I understand. But I really think
    that Minoxidil would work if it's in the beginning stages.

If you do try it, try the foam.
    I had a very tight one, right on top of my head, and shaved sides. I think it was pulled pretty much evenly. But I don't know. My barber thinned down my hair as well last time. I'm also seeing a bit of improvement of hair quality since I started eating meat. But yeah. I'll keep you updated. Where would I be on the Norwood?

It's slightly diffuse on top. So, I'm going to say a Norwood two. The temples seem to have slight receding.

The "standard" male Norwood doesn't apply to lots of people (myself included).

For men, it's hairline recession first. The hairline is around a Norwood one. It can be styled normally. There's vertex thinning. That's why I'm calling it a two.

The "standard" male Norwood doesn't apply to lots of people (myself included).

For men, it's hairline recession first. The hairline is around a Norwood one. It can be styled normally. There's vertex thinning. That's why I'm calling it a two.
    Yes, I hear you. I'm actually losing hairs from my eyebrow as well. Maybe that's normal though.

Why are you holding off using Finasteride?
    My hairs no where near as bad and I'm going to start treatment - I would suggest you do too. It's only going to get worse from this point on out, might as well bite the bullet now and save as much hair as possible.

Good luck.