+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

100% losing your hair bro. It sucks, but it's happening to all of us so we would know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandrel View Post
    No, and I'm not sure I want to try it either because of the side effects. I'd rather wait and see what happens for a while - if it stays like this up until my 30's or something I'm pretty fine with ybeing bald, I guess. And if I'm not by then I'd rather do a hair transplant to be honest. If it doesn't stay like this I'm just going to shave it off and grow a beard instead.

I'm also going to try and change my diet a bit to see if that has caused this. I mean, I might be grasping for straws here but it's worth a shot. I've been a vegetarian for about a year and a half, since then my hair lost all the shine it used to have. I've also been under a lot of psychological stress for about a year - I've always had anxiety but this year has been taking the toll on me. I'm just trying to find what could have triggered it so quickly.
    You look like you're losing it quickly. Don't delay in treatment. It could be pretty much gone this time next year! Get on the big 3. Min fin and nizoral. Most people don't get sides dude. Don't let anyone or any horror stories put you off. Honestly hurry up man, you don't have much time!

Also dude, a hair transplant isn't a be all and end all cure. Most people end up having 3 to chase their continuing balding. The docs will tell you to take minoxidil and finasteride after a transplant for the rest of your life so you can maintain the original non transplanted hair. So basically the bad news is the transplanted hair stays but the rest of your scalp eventually succumbs to baldness. Thus why some end up having 3 surgeries. You're going to need a good 30 grand dude to do that. If you wait to lose all your hair you will never have enough hair on the sides to cover the bald patch.

Your best bet is to keep what you've got now at least. That way you may get decent regrowth and not need a transplant. If you decide in a few years to have one at least you won't have to spend a fortune.

But just to reiterate. Unless you can fully except baldness finasteride and minoxidil are your only effective options. Transplant or not.

I was also a vegetarian for almost 5 years. 4 years in to it i also started to lose hair and my quality became real bad, so i started to eat meat again and the limp looking hair became normal agin. A vegetarian diet is not good for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Notgivingup2 View Post
    100% losing your hair bro. It sucks, but it's happening to all of us so we would know.
    Yeah, kind of sucks. But, I was sort of expecting it - to be honest.

Yeah, truth in what you say. I'd rather embrace the baldness, though. If I'm going bald then I'm going bald. I've got real thick eyebrows. Maybe I can comb them over ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by thehatman View Post
    I was also a vegetarian for almost 5 years. 4 years in to it i also started to lose hair and my quality became real bad, so i started to eat meat again and the limp looking hair became normal agin. A vegetarian diet is not good for all.
    Yes. I can see how it has messed up my hair a bit.

That's taken right before I became vegetarian.

And by the way, the thing that I find weird is that I've gone to two barbers - one that I usually go to and have been for about a year or so. They keep telling me that it's all right and it doesn't look like I'm balding. Also my girlfriend hasn't noticed a change. It's really doing my head in.

I haven't seen chunks of hair anywhere. It just seems thinner and 'dead'. As I said, I'll change my diet back to normal and see if it changes anything. If it doesn't - I'll just use this thread to document my hair leaving my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Skin View Post
    Also dude, a hair transplant isn't a be all and end all cure. Most people end up having 3 to chase their continuing balding. The docs will tell you to take minoxidil and finasteride after a transplant for the rest of your life so you can maintain the original non transplanted hair. So basically the bad news is the transplanted hair stays but the rest of your scalp eventually succumbs to baldness. Thus why some end up having 3 surgeries. You're going to need a good 30 grand dude to do that. If you wait to lose all your hair you will never have enough hair on the sides to cover the bald patch.

Your best bet is to keep what you've got now at least. That way you may get decent regrowth and not need a transplant. If you decide in a few years to have one at least you won't have to spend a fortune.

But just to reiterate. Unless you can fully except baldness finasteride and minoxidil are your only effective options. Transplant or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandrel View Post
    I haven't seen chunks of hair anywhere. It just seems thinner and 'dead'. As I said, I'll change my diet back to normal and see if it changes anything. If it doesn't - I'll just use this thread to document my hair leaving my head.
    The best course of action is to look at your family history. That gives a good indication to genetic balding. Of course, balding is
    a dominant gene. And women usually don't produce enough testosterone to be converted into a large amount of DHT (in other words, a mother can pass it on).

If your father is balding, that's an indication there is a dominant balding gene. If he's not, that's a very good sign. I have friends
    whose mothers are actually quite bald, and are a Norwood four on the mens scale (hairline/vertex).

So, if both parents have all their hair, chances are good you will to.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    The best course of action is to look at your family history. That gives a good indication to genetic balding. Of course, balding is
    a dominant gene. And women usually don't produce enough testosterone to be converted into a large amount of DHT (in other words, a mother can pass it on).

If your father is balding, that's an indication there is a dominant balding gene. If he's not, that's a very good sign. I have friends
    whose mothers are actually quite bald, and are a Norwood four on the mens scale (hairline/vertex).

So, if both parents have all their hair, chances are good you will to.
    Well, my dad is bald. His father too. My mom has plenty, so did her father.

Although, i feel as if the quality of my hair has gotten a lot worse, rather than that I've lost a lot of it. If you know what I mean.