+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    I've yet to meet a happy bald man under 50. I'll let you know when I do.
    WOW.

You sad, sad little man, your views are moronic. In all honesty though what kind of people do you meet? your clearly a loser, and always have been so I imagine that the people you do communicate with, maybe there even friends are complete and utter losers as well. I think it's safe to say that you are one of those that was ugly and had no character before male pattern baldness, so now your trying to blame everything on it, and put every bald man in the same band.

Do you leave the house very often?

Dude, some people come here to vent, Fixed is one of them.

Give the guy a break. Hair loss means a lot to him. It does to me as well. He never personally attacked you guys like you are attacking him.

Let him vent. Whats the problem?

I am sure he is a successful guy with a good relationship and a good life. He comes here to vent like some of us do. Hair loss is frustrating.

Do not take his venting and ranting so personal man.

Let's all just relax.

oh btw, hair loss sucks

Fixed brings up a lot and I mean a lot of very good points and it is actually really nice to see that some people actually feel the same way I feel. However, he takes things way too far. People don't realize how psychologically debilitating it is. I will agree, losing your hair young, is so beyond awful. Being insecure and hiding everything constantly. Being so terrified of ridicule that you just remove yourself from situations and actually miss out on a lot of life.

It can easily impact your work life, social life and make the simplest tasks burdensome, like taking a shower at someone else' house or fixing your hair after having a hat on and so on and so on.

However, having to deal with it does make you a more compassionate person toward other people's sensibilities. Never, do I mock someone in a way that they might take personally and this is something that I've learned, through being humbled. It also makes you realize you're going to have to become more "personality-based" instead of just basing your self worth on your looks.

I completely disagree about "standing out in the workplace." There are plenty of balding men that are company heads, CEO's and the like, they are people that have just accepted it, are secure and move forward. The key is getting past of the point of your insecurities. For me, I haven't been able to actually shape my hair in years. It stinks, why get all dressed up to look your best if your hair looks stupid? I just want a dense hair behind my hair line so I can actually shape and style, if it looks a little thin in the back and crown I think I can handle that because, I'll still look good.

Anyhow, while I completely agree with a lot of the things you say, I think you can bypass alot of worries by utilizing an HT and a maintenance drug like Propecia to get you to a point where you can become secure again and this should actually make most people happy.

Lol real popcorn thread! =)))))

Although, there are some issues in play that aren't laughing matters. I do sympathize with Fixed and Keep. Hair loss sucks.

As far as I've read, Fixed only expressed his own views and feelings on his predicament. He is certainly entitled to his opinions, no matter how extreme they are. What he feels is reality for him, and no less valid than what anyone else feels. Although his chosen treatments might be a bit extreme for most, he is certainly entitled to treat his affliction in the manner he chooses to. As far as his advice being extreme, I would like to believe that we all are intelligent enough to choose for ourselves, what is right.

Moreover, I really don't think there's a need to call neither Keep nor Fixed, sad or a losers just because their opinions don't coincide with yours. Before labeling someone a loser, perhaps a paragraph with correct grammar and syntax, without run on sentences, lack of punctuation and capitalization, and knowing the difference between your and you're, there, their and they're is in order.

Having said that, Fixed's sweeping statements on the downside of being a bald man, are not entirely true, although in many cases they are. Plenty of bald men, even outside sports, have reached positions of prominence and power. Yul Brynner, Telly Savalas, Ben Kingsley were/is bald, and yet achieved great success as actors. Bruce Willis, old and bald as he is, is considered a sex symbol, and has proven to have more staying power as an A lister, than most actors with hair. Last time I checked, Steve Jobs is pretty bald, and despite that, one of the most influential CEOs of our time. MJ is bald and CEO of the Bobcats. Phill Jackson (I bleed purple and gold) has more rings (11, God willing 12 by the end of the playoffs) than any other lion maned coach or player in the NBA. Jesse Ventura is bald and also a former pro wrestler and governor of Minnesota. James Carville, a perennial political commentator and advisor to presidents, is extermely bald yet prominent. Ike, although our last one, is one of five bald U.S presidents. Who is more powerful than the commander in chief?

As for me, I'm just starting to thin out, (if curious check out my pics on the thread "40 and developing a bald spot") but I'm willing to go to great lengths in order to keep my hair. For anyone that's willing to sack up and shave it, more power to you. It's just not what I choose.

Cheers,............

I think the point fixed tried to make is that it is harder, not impossible. So I still think it is entirely valid because it is harder for a bald guy to get the girld, or get the job I think.

Personally for me, hair means a lot...I would look terrible without my hair. My hair is really starting to thin out and I am quickly heading to a norwood 3 vertex. I am not quite there yet. I still have a good crown but it is definitely thinning out. I will choose to treat this aggressively, because to me...losing my hair would be more irresponsible than have some side effects that won't nearly effect my life as much as losing my hair would. That's the way I choose to handle my problem. Although all I do at the moment is 2% minoxidil and 1mg finasteride and 2% ketoconazole shampoo. Nothing extreme yet. I do plan on adding 15% minoxidil soon and Spironolactone lotion. This to me is not irresponsible. I have read numberous times that Dr. Lee's 15% minoxidil actually doesn't have that much side effects at all, perhaps less than standard rogaine.

I think if someone uses avodart as a first measure that would be a bad idea. But what else really is that bad to do? I think an aggressive regimen is the way to go to treat hair loss, especially if it is that important in your life.

I am going to try my best to recover some ground and hold the fort until a cure comes out. If I am unable to do this my quality of life will suffer, no doubt. But I will still live a good life and enjoy it very much. But while I still have a good amount of hair I will do my best to keep it and hopefully improve it too.

Good luck guys

My apologies to the o.g poster, for perpetuating the high jack of your thread. I just joined the board and got enough information to start a regimen. I hope you will too.

To Fixed: I've read several of other threads that you chimed in on. Dude I really feel your pain. I hope you don't mind my saying this, but your attitude towards hair loss is so downtrodden as to sound borderline satirical/ comical. If it weren't for your extensive posts, I'd be inclined to believe that you are playing a joke on the board. However, anyone that writes as well as you do, must be somewhat intelligent. Anyone intelligent, most likely wouldn't invest that much time on such an eloborate hoax.

I really do sympathize with your sentiments about discrimination and lost youth. On the other hand, you are letting your hair loss defeat you by letting yourself go, in other areas. I'm not saying accept your hair loss, but rather improve yourself in other areas, while treating your hair loss. Not working out and finding no satisfaction in neither career nor social life is to let your hair loss get the best of you. If you really are so die hard about waging war on the cursed gene, win in other areas.

As far as not having kids, thereby preventing prolification of the gene, not everyone has the same attitude towards hair loss. My most recent ex, a very beautiful girl (although a real *&^%#%# bitch) had a proclivity for bald guys. Her two guys before me were bald. One of them a well paid model featured on billboards and magazines worldwide. Don't assume that your future generations will have a similarly negative expericence as yours.

My post most likely wont have an effect on your attitude but I'd still like to say that "the race aint over". Go ahed and do the HT. If it doesn't pan out, don't throw in the towel. "Perception is reality" (so perhaps change your perception?). "The world is your oyster", you can do whatever you want. Hah how's that for cliches?

I really wish success for you in your endeavors. Life indeed is short, entirely too short to let hair loss get the best of you.

Best,.....

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    I think the point fixed tried to make is that it is harder, not impossible. So I still think it is entirely valid because it is harder for a bald guy to get the girld, or get the job I think.

Personally for me, hair means a lot...
    Hey Keep,

I get the point he's making and I must say I agree for the most part.

I'm with you about hair. It means a lot to me as well. My buddies always tells me I'm a vain bitch. Alas, I'm almost 40 and unwilling to adjust my attitude so phukk em. Propecia and 5% minoxidil it is. Fortunately, my predecessors kept most of their hair into their 60's with thinning on top only, hairline intact. Perhaps rogaine and propecia will give me thicker hair into my 70's.

Best,.......

What I would like to happen is everyone in this thread somehow reverse their hairloss, recover some ground and just be happy.

That would be a great experience to see that... Fixed, get that hair transplant man, it will make you very happy until histogen serves the knockout punch. I am going to aggressively try to reverse some of my thinning areas. I hope things go well for you Samson, as well as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    I hope things go well for you Samson, as well as the others.

Thanks, much appreciated!

Life is too short and yet with hair loss it is too long...

I've done a lot of good things in the last seven years. I have a very well paid job, a very good undergraduate degree and a professional qualification that puts me in the career path of the sixth highest paid profession in the UK (company secretary).

I've travelled extensively to Canada, Spain, Portugal, France, Turkey, Belgium, Ireland, Australia, Thailand and Singapore all in the last three years.

I have the best girlfriend in the world and I'm engaged.

But you know what? Apart from the last one, I've derived zero satisfaction out of everything I've done in the last seven years.

That's the problem. I can be very successful, but happiness is an enigma.