+ Reply to Thread

Default The Big 3 might not be working...

Hey guys. I've been on the big 3 routine (minox only once a day though) for 15 months now. 1 year and 3 months. I was 19 when I began and was sitting at roughly a NW 2.5 For the first year I was seeing decent improvements - nothing special but I didn't seem to be loosing any more hair than I already had and people were telling me it looked thicker. Over the last 4 or 5 months however, I've noticed the front of my hair continues to get thinner to a point where my scalp is now visible. It's only noticeable to me because I look real closely at my hair (as I'm sure we all do! Haha). I've read that some people go below baseline even at 18 months and finally see good results at 2 years.

I'm wondering if anybody has any advice? Unfortunately, at the beginning I had some sides with fin and wouldn't be willing to use dut as they were pretty serious. If anyone has any opinions or advice I would definitely welcome them! Stick it out the big 3? Or do I look for other options? If so.. what?

Hey! Yes. I did the same thing at first, not a fan of minox! Look into finasteride, there was no negative side effect. Kicked in after a year!! Dramatic slow down of hair loss.

Also, ended up eventually doing an FUE transplant. Maybe look into financing. With the right Doctor, it's the best decision of your life.

Good luck and keep me posted.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
    HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
    Finasteride daily, since 2014
    Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year

You'll have to consider trying different products to see what works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by winkywoo View Post
    Hey guys. I've been on the big 3 routine (minox only once a day though) for 15 months now. 1 year and 3 months. I was 19 when I began and was sitting at roughly a NW 2.5 For the first year I was seeing decent improvements - nothing special but I didn't seem to be loosing any more hair than I already had and people were telling me it looked thicker. Over the last 4 or 5 months however, I've noticed the front of my hair continues to get thinner to a point where my scalp is now visible. It's only noticeable to me because I look real closely at my hair (as I'm sure we all do! Haha). I've read that some people go below baseline even at 18 months and finally see good results at 2 years.

I'm wondering if anybody has any advice? Unfortunately, at the beginning I had some sides with fin and wouldn't be willing to use dut as they were pretty serious. If anyone has any opinions or advice I would definitely welcome them! Stick it out the big 3? Or do I look for other options? If so.. what?

Nizoral really doesn't do much for hair. Finasteride or Adrovart combined with Minoxidil will really help your hair. 85% of men get good benefits when they use both combined.

However, Finasteride by itself can cause lasting results. So it's worth a shot. Personally I don't use Adrovart, but I heard very good things from people who do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookieboy View Post
    You'll have to consider trying different products to see what works best for you.
    Like what? Not concealers etc.