X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adamjimmy
    • Aug 2016

Opinion-scheduled and nervous

Thank you for all comments in advance.

I am currently scheduled for 2600 grafts fue but am having second thoughts. Your opinion is greatly appreciated regarding whether this number of grafts would give me acceptable results for filling in conservative hairline, frontal third and mid scalp (not concerned about crown)?

I am on the fence about the procedure with site recommended procedure. Also, interested if you think propecia would be worth a try at this point if I opt out of surgery?
    Attached Files
  • Driver
    • Nov 2015

First, I would say that 2600 for what you want is a good first procedure. Recognize that if you go through with it you may be looking at a 2nd HT down the road, but for what you are aiming for 2600 may get you across the finish line if you have a really high yield.

Second, if you are on the fence I would say do not do it. There is no going back after you do this, and if you are not sure either cancel it or go back to the doc and talk things through or see another doc for another opinion.

Also, I think your plan is reasonable. I would skip the crown if I were you too.

Comment

• adamjimmy
      • Aug 2016

Much appreciated Driver. Sorry if I'm navigating incorrectly but could not tell if you yourself have had an HT? If so, what's your verdict? Also, I'm confused as to what Norwood classification I fall under. Your assessment? Thanks.

Comment

• DAVE52
        • Sep 2010

If in doubt

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm starting a new series on my Youtube channel to focus on hair loss and hair transplant education. Class has started! This is episode #001 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gck6fAtB5Wk

Comment

• adamjimmy
          • Aug 2016

Thanks Dave. Clearly being able to hope for the best and accept the worse is the most crucial component. I suppose the post op redness is what worries me most. I'm pail in the winter. Any clue on typical time the redness may subside to undetectable status on pail, white skin tone?

Comment

Working...