+ Reply to Thread

Default Hello Everyone. I need some honest opinions

Hey everyone. I'm a 22 year old guy and like a lot of people I'm sure, I've joined up here because I have personal concerns about male pattern baldness.
    I constantly go through a cycle of being sure I'm going bald, to not worrying about it. And I think it's for this reason I want some honest opinions.
    There is a noticeable sideways cross divide in my hair, and it seems to noticeably separate my hair with a very visible scalp in between.
    My concern is that if it is MPB it's going for the island of hair in the middle of the head look.
    I have a large forehead but have not started noticeably receeding at all.
    In the picture included, I am sweeping forward my hair to clearly show the cross divide I am referring to. Honest opinion would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1170.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	48780
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1168.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	48781  

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello CorinWright,
    You do have a good looking head of hair bro!
    If anything right now,because you are now 22 years old, you might only have a maturing hairline only!
    You scalp looks A-OK.
    You personally might only see a minor change to your scalp.
    I am sure that NO ONE else around you have noticed anything different to your scalp.

I want you to understand and consider that, first of all, you are only 22 years old now.
    You do not yet have the proper foresight within in you yet.
    This is not a criticism to you Corin'.
    When you get into your mid to very late 20s your brain with have finished growing completely.
    The last part of everyone's brain that finishes growing is the Neocortex.
    That will give you more commonsense and foresight available to you.
    You will then have the proper ability to predict the consequences of your actions.
    Right now, you might be assuming things that could unfortunately cause issues to your hair and eventually to your health too.
    Again, your hair looks good bro.
    I would suggest that you start on the vitamin of the B complex, Biotin!
    It is over-the-counter and it has a long history of improving peoples hair (men and women alike)
    and other parts of their health too.
    Look it up , do the research on it, and start using it.
    Ive been using it for quite a while now.
    Cheers CorinWright, hope to hear back from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hello CorinWright,
    You do have a good looking head of hair bro!
    If anything right now,because you are now 22 years old, you might only have a maturing hairline only!
    You scalp looks A-OK.
    You personally might only see a minor change to your scalp.
    I am sure that NO ONE else around you have noticed anything different to your scalp.

I want you to understand and consider that, first of all, you are only 22 years old now.
    You do not yet have the proper foresight within in you yet.
    This is not a criticism to you Corin'.
    When you get into your mid to very late 20s your brain with have finished growing completely.
    The last part of everyone's brain that finishes growing is the Neocortex.
    That will give you more commonsense and foresight available to you.
    You will then have the proper ability to predict the consequences of your actions.
    Right now, you might be assuming things that could unfortunately cause issues to your hair and eventually to your health too.
    Again, your hair looks good bro.
    I would suggest that you start on the vitamin of the B complex, Biotin!
    It is over-the-counter and it has a long history of improving peoples hair (men and women alike)
    and other parts of their health too.
    Look it up , do the research on it, and start using it.
    Ive been using it for quite a while now.
    Cheers CorinWright, hope to hear back from you.
    I appreciate your thoughtful response. You do see the area where the hair seems thinner though right?
    Any idea what that could be?
    My only though is that losing it there wouldn't seem to follow the standard patterns that we see in men who are losing there hair. Receeding hairline, thinning crown etc.
    I had long hair for years. Like really long. Would that have any lasting effects on hair?
    I'm just concerned because it's a noticeable cross parting that I don't usually see in other guys and for that season was wondering if it's male pattern baldness.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Oh, good to hear back from you CorinWright!

I have looked again at your hair photos because of what you were saying recently.
    I have to say this, that your hairline doesn't look bad at all.
    As I said before, it may only be a maturing area of your hair.
    More than likely, that is what it is.
    Acceptance of this and all else is so very important for you .
    Of course there is a possibility that LATER ON you might experience hairloss, BUT, there is also a possibility that you would NOT experience serious hairloss.
    No one can really know at this point in time.
    Again, your hair looks GOOD bro!!
    Acceptance of what ever it is is a reality of life.
    If ever you do start to have real hairloss, there are different ways of fixing it and or improving it.
    Never worry about that of anything else in your life Corin' because worry, stress and depression WILL make things worse. Please keep that in mind bro.
    Another thing to say again, you are only 22 years old right now, so please keep in mind that you do not yet have proper foresight as yet. (again its not a criticism)
    Once you are in your late 20s (close to 30 years old) you will know what I am saying so much better. I found that out when I was about the age of 28.
    Cheers again!!

Thanks again! I've never quite understood what is meant by a "mature" hairline. Is a "mature hairline" hair loss or not? :-p maybe you can explain.
    My hair looks particularly see through in parts when it's wet. I don't know whether wetness is deceptive or whether it is the exact opposite and actually shows the truth.

Well you got nice density and thickness. I whish i could have hair like that on 22. But it dosn't mean that you're 100% oke. If i were you i would start taking FIN asap to keep as many of them. 1mg every other day will not cause any sides. Also you can try natural treatments. Coconut oils, Emu oil,Nigella sativa oil. It wont hurt and definitively will improve your hair lifespan buy providing best nutrients trough scalp.Not to mention a badass shine and thickness. Proper diet and healthy life style ... two very if not most important things.

Note from me ... if any of your friends are pointing a finger at you and keep saying "hey you're balding ... men did you know?"
    Then youre fckd.

Keep monitoring vortex and crown. Before it will be almost impossible to restore like in mine case.

This is the general rule of thumb, to find out if you have a receding hairline:

The distance from chin - nostrils = distance from top of nose to hairline, where it should be.

One centimeter above the hairline is a Norwood one category (mature hairline).