+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

I think you could go either way. Honestly I think it is whatever you feel comfortable with. I don't think any of us think we will look good with a shaved head because we are used to our hair and we all think our head is a strange shape when in reality it is normal looking. As someone who has never seen you before the pictures you posted I think you look good the way you are but you also have the facial structure to clipper it short or shave it. I know it's easier said than done !!

I'll be straight-up and say yes, shave your head. I think once your hair loss has got past a certain point, it's time to shave it off rather than trying to cling to what's left. Trying to cling just looks awful on every guy, no matter what he looks like. I do also think you could pull it off, your head is a decent shape, you have a good amount of facial hair to compensate, you appear to have quite strong facial features from what I can see. That kind of face can really carry a bald head very well and even look better without hair on the head.

If you shave it and decide you hate it, and a transplant isn't possible, you might try looking at non-surgical hair replacement, like SMP or hair systems. Not every guy likes the thought of those, but it's at least worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by kd300 View Post
    I would probably keep the sides very short and then comb your hair forward and see how that looks.
    It would look like he is trying to cover up his hair loss
    He would probably spend a lot of time looking in mirrors , seeing what it looks like

Quote Originally Posted by rreidu View Post
    No, my donor is not thinning at all, but....being a diffuse thinner has the following main disadvantage when dealing with transplants: a lot of your remaining hair suffers from shock (when transplanting), and most of it falls of, leaving you mostly with the new transplanted hair, that is not to be desired...... some docs did wonders but you must have a huge number of grafts. Anyway I can't afford one so it's not really an option for me....plus what will I do when the rest of the hair (besides my transplanted hairline) keeps falling of?
    I see some guys who are reeceding in the front and the rest of their hair is intact...that's the best scenario in my opinion, for me....from the begining the whole balding area contoured and started thinning all at once but it seems now my hairline is dying faster
    You are right a diffuse thinner isnt a great candidate for transplant. Shave your head. Too much has been lost. Especially if you cant take Propecia.