+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

yes. I think you will look batter with shaved head

Quote Originally Posted by Beth641 View Post
    yes. I think you will look batter with shaved head
    Thank you for your opinion

You'll look great with a shaved head. You have an awesome beard!

You are probably in the Norwood four zone, at this stage. I still think you have enough hair to keep it, in my opinion.

Have you thought about liquid Finasteride? I use .01% daily, in a cream. Also, I use .5% Progesterone, mixed with a pharmacy thirty percent Minoxidil solution. It actually started to grow my hair back (and I'm in my late forties, i might add). I was in the same situation. It's only slowly growing back.

Also, I did get sides from Propecia. You might be able to handle smaller dosages? (Cutting in half). Some DHT inhibitor is better than none, in my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rreidu View Post
    Thanks for the reply!
    So you do get my pain!
    Look...I was thinking the same when I was 27, "I hope I make it untill I am 30"...but look...there is no difference actually and it is just as hard.
    I am going to the gym, already for 6 month now.
    Pic 1 and 2 is combed backwards intentionally so it shows maximum hair loss, I NEVER comb it backwords, I think sides works best.
    About Fin....I used it for one year, I was one of those guys who got major side effects, and i mean MAJOR!!!! I don't want to go into details cause this is not the forum for it, but my advide would be to be carefull with that, and if you notice any side effects quit it ASAP. Fin works wonders for your hair, but be careful.
    I have cut my sides shorter and it does look better, but you must be very careful to make the transition to the upper area, one slip in the area and BOOM, very visible hair loss.
    My biggest issue is that slowly fibers have nothing to cling on, and it's becoming very ovbious, looking from close range, that something fishy is up....and I don't know about you, but being discovered that you are wearing those fibres would be absolutely terrible for me.
    I am always wondering if people are suspecting that I am wearing nanogen fibres, or that something fishy is up.
    I have been invited to a birthday party this weekend in the mountains (2 days, one night) and my biggest concern is: how will the hotel room be? will i be able to wash my hair in the morning and put on the fibres? Man....living in stress about your hair (anything) really sucks!!!!
    But yeah, if I would shave and feel acceptance from other people (including women ofcourse), how eliberating would that be.
    I have researched about sistemic hair-pieces. What do you think about those? What does everyone thinks about those? Could it be more stresfull than fibres...would that fear of "do people notice" still be constantly in your mind? I do know it's a lot expensive, but...otherwise?
    Anyway....how strange would it be to come the next day will a full head of hair and teenager hair-line for everybody else?

Best of luck to you and thank you for answering!
    Thanks for sharing your story! If I was in your shoes, I would probably keep the sides very short and then comb your hair forward and see how that looks. I know it stinks. I am in a similar situation as yours. Although I have already had a FUE procedure so I have a more messed up situation I believe.

So you would not recommend Propecia? I have considered taking that.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    You are probably in the Norwood four zone, at this stage. I still think you have enough hair to keep it, in my opinion.

Have you thought about liquid Finasteride? I use .01% daily, in a cream. Also, I use .5% Progesterone, mixed with a pharmacy thirty percent Minoxidil solution. It actually started to grow my hair back (and I'm in my late forties, i might add). I was in the same situation. It's only slowly growing back.

Also, I did get sides from Propecia. You might be able to handle smaller dosages? (Cutting in half). Some DHT inhibitor is better than none, in my own opinion.
    Thank you for your encouragement.
    I am glad propecia works for you, and i hope you have encountered only minor side effects. It's not something i really want to share or remember, but let's take it this way: I was 26 and in 1 year of propecia I went from having sex 2 3 times/ day to not beeing able to have an erection for 6 month, and than slowly regaining that ability in the course of two years, huge pain when finishing and a lot of trouble sustaining an erection. I don't have anything against propecia, it seems a lot guys have no sides. It did wonders for my hair but is has messed up my hormonal system, so i will never touch it again in my life...it was preety rough going through that, and now I am maybe at 60% restored since the moment i first took fin, so in my case, no dht inhibitor is better than any.

Quote Originally Posted by kd300 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your story! If I was in your shoes, I would probably keep the sides very short and then comb your hair forward and see how that looks. I know it stinks. I am in a similar situation as yours. Although I have already had a FUE procedure so I have a more messed up situation I believe.

So you would not recommend Propecia? I have considered taking that.
    Thanks for the answer. I do jeep my sides short now and it looks better, but it is only a matter of time untill there will be no hair for fibres to cling on.
    About propecia, please think it very good untill you take this risk. Yes, it is a very good medicine, it does wonder for the hair, but in sone cases it also does a lot of damage to your libido, erection and sensitivity. Maybe go and check some propecia help forums, read other people's stories and think if the risk is worth taking. In my case it had very high side effects, that did not stop after stoping the medicine, no, they only got worse and worse after stoping it. I don't want to talk about it a lot, cause i don't want people jumping thinking i am here to bash propecia or something, again, it is very good and does wonders for the hair. But please think about this risk, and if it's worth taking it...How old are you? It is not a general rule, but it was noticed that the younger you are, the more chances there are that it could mess you up. Sorry for the long message.

Would you consider SMP rreidu?

Quote Originally Posted by shazam View Post
    Would you consider SMP rreidu?
    Yes I would, after i meet in person someone who has done the procedure and see from close how it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by rreidu View Post
    rbkoreaus .... thank you for your reply and encouragement. Me on the other hand, i have the feeling I would not look good at all and think my skull looks strange - to small, flat at the back and in the front no forehead line...in two words, egg shaped ..... but really thanks for your reply and encouragement that it would look BETTER than.....this!
    For that reason, I'm going to say no. If you have a bad skull shape, a shaved head will make it look much worse.