+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rreidu View Post
    I am sure it will be very liberating....I just can't summon the courage for the irreversible change.
    Thank you for your reply and encouragement!
    Not trying to be rude but it appears from Pic 1 and 2 , that you have quite a bit of loss on the top. You don't have to go slick bald just a buzz cut which would neaten the top, sides and back .

Dear Dave52, there is absolutely no rudnes, indeed my hairlos is massive, and it seems it is faster and faster. I have lost a lot of hair in this summer. Does a buzz cut really neatens the top sides and back, cause I think it clearly shows that you are balding, clearly highliting the normal hair area vs balding area...

My advice? Shave it - forget it and never think about it again.

Good luck.

Hey man, I feel your pain. I'm 27 and am in the same exact situation... Went from a few fibers to fill in to now needing a ton of the stuff to look half decent.
    I just started fin 6 weeks ago so I'm praying it does something.. I don't mind going bald, but would prefer to wait until at least after I get married or am 30.

I personally think you could hold on to your hair a bit longer.. Start up fin and minox if you really want to try and save it. Maybe clean up your diet and hit the gym 3-4x a week... It's a long shot, but you've got enough left to salvage it.
    My one piece of advice is to definitely cut the sides much shorter. When they're long, they accentuate the thinning crown. Keep messing with different hair styles..Your 1&2 is combed backwards and definitely doesn't help.

If you do bite the bullet and just buzz it, let us know. I just don't personally have the balls, yet. Because of the fibers, it creates an illusion that you have hair, so when if you shave it people would be somewhat confused.
    But if you did it, I bet you'd feel so free. It would shock everyone for about a week or so, but everyone gets used to it and eventually it will become old news.
    Best of luck to you, man.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    My advice? Shave it - forget it and never think about it again.

Good luck.
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Parker317 View Post
    Hey man, I feel your pain. I'm 27 and am in the same exact situation... Went from a few fibers to fill in to now needing a ton of the stuff to look half decent.
    I just started fin 6 weeks ago so I'm praying it does something.. I don't mind going bald, but would prefer to wait until at least after I get married or am 30.

I personally think you could hold on to your hair a bit longer.. Start up fin and minox if you really want to try and save it. Maybe clean up your diet and hit the gym 3-4x a week... It's a long shot, but you've got enough left to salvage it.
    My one piece of advice is to definitely cut the sides much shorter. When they're long, they accentuate the thinning crown. Keep messing with different hair styles..Your 1&2 is combed backwards and definitely doesn't help.

If you do bite the bullet and just buzz it, let us know. I just don't personally have the balls, yet. Because of the fibers, it creates an illusion that you have hair, so when if you shave it people would be somewhat confused.
    But if you did it, I bet you'd feel so free. It would shock everyone for about a week or so, but everyone gets used to it and eventually it will become old news.
    Best of luck to you, man.
    Thanks for the reply!
    So you do get my pain!
    Look...I was thinking the same when I was 27, "I hope I make it untill I am 30"...but look...there is no difference actually and it is just as hard.
    I am going to the gym, already for 6 month now.
    Pic 1 and 2 is combed backwards intentionally so it shows maximum hair loss, I NEVER comb it backwords, I think sides works best.
    About Fin....I used it for one year, I was one of those guys who got major side effects, and i mean MAJOR!!!! I don't want to go into details cause this is not the forum for it, but my advide would be to be carefull with that, and if you notice any side effects quit it ASAP. Fin works wonders for your hair, but be careful.
    I have cut my sides shorter and it does look better, but you must be very careful to make the transition to the upper area, one slip in the area and BOOM, very visible hair loss.
    My biggest issue is that slowly fibers have nothing to cling on, and it's becoming very ovbious, looking from close range, that something fishy is up....and I don't know about you, but being discovered that you are wearing those fibres would be absolutely terrible for me.
    I am always wondering if people are suspecting that I am wearing nanogen fibres, or that something fishy is up.
    I have been invited to a birthday party this weekend in the mountains (2 days, one night) and my biggest concern is: how will the hotel room be? will i be able to wash my hair in the morning and put on the fibres? Man....living in stress about your hair (anything) really sucks!!!!
    But yeah, if I would shave and feel acceptance from other people (including women ofcourse), how eliberating would that be.
    I have researched about sistemic hair-pieces. What do you think about those? What does everyone thinks about those? Could it be more stresfull than fibres...would that fear of "do people notice" still be constantly in your mind? I do know it's a lot expensive, but...otherwise?
    Anyway....how strange would it be to come the next day will a full head of hair and teenager hair-line for everybody else?

Best of luck to you and thank you for answering!

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Hi, Rriedu. One way or the other, you must treat the effects of hair loss if you care about maintaining a realistic and natural-looking appearance. Don't get pressured into surgery but get professional input too. Try to slowly transition to a shorter hair style and adjust to the change of a shaved head. Keep us updated with your experiences. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Gio Macatti
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Again, I can relate..I just went on a Vegas trip with all my buddies and all I could think of was my hair.. Could I go to pools, what about showering, will it get on my pillow, etc.
    For the trip I actually used the toppik spray, not the powder. It's stronger and more waterproof, just might get on your pillow so make sure you apply it the day before or in the morning...Or just have a dark pillow case lol

The things we get to think about, oh boy...As for the powder...I'm still using it, and it people think something is up, F it! If anyone ever has the balls to ask me about it, I'll say - yea, I use it to fill in my hair because it's thinning. Then that's that, end of story and it won't be brought up again. But, that has yet to happen.

I think I'm just going to gradually apply less and less and gradually use less powder.
    People can wear makeup, get surgeries, wear clothes/cologne, I don't think a little hair thickener should be judged.

I may just let the front go, and only use the powder in the back as it's way less suspicious.

As for fin, knock knock, but no negative sides for me. And the systemic hair-pieces, never heard of them, I don't think I would ever go that route.
    I can embrace being bald in the future, just not in my 20s. I'm trying to fight this uphill battle.

Quote Originally Posted by WHTC Clinic View Post
    Hi, Rriedu. One way or the other, you must treat the effects of hair loss if you care about maintaining a realistic and natural-looking appearance. Don't get pressured into surgery but get professional input too. Try to slowly transition to a shorter hair style and adjust to the change of a shaved head. Keep us updated with your experiences. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Gio Macatti
    I would love an honest opinion, do my pics 3 and 4 show the slightest drop of "maintaining a realistic and natural-looking appearance" or it looks very unrealistic and funny?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Parker317 View Post
    Again, I can relate..I just went on a Vegas trip with all my buddies and all I could think of was my hair.. Could I go to pools, what about showering, will it get on my pillow, etc.
    For the trip I actually used the toppik spray, not the powder. It's stronger and more waterproof, just might get on your pillow so make sure you apply it the day before or in the morning...Or just have a dark pillow case lol

The things we get to think about, oh boy...As for the powder...I'm still using it, and it people think something is up, F it! If anyone ever has the balls to ask me about it, I'll say - yea, I use it to fill in my hair because it's thinning. Then that's that, end of story and it won't be brought up again. But, that has yet to happen.

I think I'm just going to gradually apply less and less and gradually use less powder.
    People can wear makeup, get surgeries, wear clothes/cologne, I don't think a little hair thickener should be judged.

I may just let the front go, and only use the powder in the back as it's way less suspicious.

As for fin, knock knock, but no negative sides for me. And the systemic hair-pieces, never heard of them, I don't think I would ever go that route.
    I can embrace being bald in the future, just not in my 20s. I'm trying to fight this uphill battle.
    So you can really relate!
    Do you have as much hair-loss as I do or less?
    That's good if FIN has no side effects for you, but....carefull...nor did it have for me for the first 11 month, than sudenly.....very bad! And no, they did not go away, after stoping. But I am surprised, do you still loose hair taking Fin? It worked very well for me.
    If you can really embrace being bald in the future, that's very good for you, so I have thought about me, but nothing have changed for me after turning 30, I find it still as bad!
    Please say more about about toppik spray, what is that!?! I don't think they have it in my country! Actually, I am sure they don't! Do they work the same? Very little fibres in a spray can? What do you use? Toppik? I use Nanogen, it's all i can find in my country.
    I am also not sure about systemic hair-pieces, and maybe a (succesfull) transplant would be a lot better, but take a look at this just to know about them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90S5-o1Kcc
    I think you will at least last a lot in this uphill battle if you take Fin and have no problems with it.