+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to go UK?

Default Where to go UK?

Hi there,

I'm 22 and I've been wanting a HT for years!!! I know people say wait until 25 but I'm ready for a HT now.

I have a really high forehead and with my hair going back (about a NW3) I've just lost all my confidence!

I have been to two consultations, one with Vinci and one with Ziering! Both mentioned around 1250 grafts. Ziering wanted me to go on finasteride for around a year before having a HT in the summer 2017, changing the strength of the finasteride every 3 months. Whilst, Vinci said there was no need to go on finasteride yet as my crown seems fine and I can always start taking it later if I decide. Vinci would look at giving me a hair transplant at Christmas or easter at London or Malaga!

Does anyone recommend either or is there somewhere else I should visit.

Thank you! Sorry for the poor post but I just want to get the ball rolling on a hair transplant!!!

Dan

Yea 22 is too young but so is 25.

Post pics

Thumbs down

The fact the Vinci did not suggest medical management at your age is a big reason to cross them off your list. At least Ziering suggested you start on medication and come back in a year. Have a few more consultations with IAHRS surgeons just to get checked out by real experts. Make sure you see a doctor and not just a consultant. in general getting a hair transplant at 22 or 23 is a bad idea.

Is there a list of IAHRS surgeons? a quick google said there was 3 in the uk - thanks for replying so quickly, I will upload pictures soon!

I'm aware that 22 may be too young but I want to get back my confidence and enjoy my life at the moment as I know when I'm older it won't bother me as much. It's hard being the only one of my friends group with a receeding hairline and being told constantly I look 30!!! I'm more than willing to take medication but couldn't I have the HT then start taking it to try and keep most of my natural hair?

Hi there,
    22 years old is very young indeed. Best get your situ stabilised via medical therapy for a minimum of 2 years and then reassess the situation.
    What ifs you go get a HT and your loss becomes very aggressive ( for one reason or another ) You are then going to be in a situation you wish you weren't.
    Hair loss is progressive. Get it STABILISED and be sure it is and then consider HT - ONLY if its required!
    Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.