+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    Kill themselves? If that's the case, they probably have underlying issues that required psychiatric care, how sad that those around them could not help. How sad that YOU all are filling people with false hope, and BULLSHIT!

I lost TWO friends from cancer in the past two days, so **** YOU and your so called "illness".
    I've known people with cancer who have died from it and I would much rather have a full head of hair at 21 and have cancer at 50 years old than no hair at 21 and no cancer.

The world doesn't need unempathetic morons like you while you probably mooch off the government for money sitting on forums and attacking people who have had their lives ruined. What a horrible person you are. I feel sorry for everyone who knows you. Despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    The world doesn't need unempathetic morons like you while you probably mooch off the government for money sitting on forums and attacking people who have had their lives ruined. What a horrible person you are. I feel sorry for everyone who knows you. Despicable.
    Your level of response speaks volumes, will leave it at that.

Empathy, no. Pity, much.

Inactive

Well this thread took a drastic turn. There's no need for any of this hostility when it comes to this forum and discussing what people can do to combat hair loss. That's what this forum is - a hair loss forum. Bald Bearded, just because there are worse problems in the world than hair loss doesn't mean that hair loss doesn't negatively impact many men throughout the world, and it does need to be talked about.

Are there users on this forum who overreact and say seemingly dramatic things like "I would rather have cancer than hair loss" or "I would rather kill myself"? Yes. And when they say these things, I think these people are way out of line - but I also know that these people are hurting. Their hurt may seem stupid to you in relation to what you're dealing with in your daily life, but we can say that about anything and anyone. There is always someone who has it worse than someone else, and we don't need to get in to a pissing contest about whose problems deserve being talked about and whose don't. All of our pain is valid, and all of our pain is worth talking about.

Fortunately, I'm at a point in my life where I am better equipped to handle things that life throws my way, but this hasn't always been the case for me, and I think every human in the history of the planet has had at least one moment where that wasn't the case for them either. I was fortunate enough to be a good candidate for a hair transplant, and I have that particular struggle under wraps at the moment. But there was a time in high school where I was upset/irrational because I had acne. There was a time in college where I was upset/irrational because I didn't fit in. There was a time in my late 20s where I was upset/irrational because I was losing my hair. And if you're honest with yourself, there were probably times in your life when you were upset/irrational about something that I'm sure someone, somewhere could've came in and said "Oh boo hoo, at least you don't have it as bad as ME!" That's not helpful. No, we don't need to coddle each other when we have pity parties, but we can be constructive in our feedback and lift each other up. That goes for every single one of us.

If any of you think hair loss is something worth killing yourself over, I strongly urge you to reconsider your perspective. Bald Bearded has a point here in saying that there are many people that have it much worse, and it's a part of life that things don't always go as we want them to. Yes, hair loss isn't ideal. But neither are heart attacks or breakups or death or wrinkles or gray hair or being in a car accident, or as BB pointed out, cancer. The point is, life isn't always ideal, and we each have to learn how to best navigate through it the best we can, hopefully with kindness and compassion and empathy for ourselves and each other.

Sending my condolences to you, Bald Bearded, for the loss you've recently experienced. And to my fellow hair loss sufferers, I offer my deepest understanding of the pain and insecurity surrounding MPB and hope that this forum and thread serves as a way to help you see life through a different lens so that you can move forward with your life and hair loss (and hopefully hair restoration!) journey with confidence and grace.