View Poll Results: How did you pick your hair tranplant surgeon?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Referral / Word of Mouth

1 50.00%
  • Baldtruthtalk

1 50.00%
  • Google

0 0%
  • Yelp

0 0%
  • Another forum

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Question 25 yo thinking of getting a HT / Poll: How did you pick your HT Surgeon?

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster! I'm a Norwood 4 who lives in California. I've been researching FUT and FUE and I think I want around 3000 grafts through an FUT. I've narrowed down my search to a couple of surgeons like Wong and Rahal, but through the process I was curious:

How did you choose your surgeon?

Additionally, is there anything I should know as I'm choosing? Thanks in advance.

Edit: If there's a post that already addressed this, I'd love to see it.
    Edit #2: I made the poll public for the community's benefit.

I consulted with a couple clinics and eventually settled on one. If you haven't reached out to the two you are considering I would do that and just see what they say.

Thanks! I'm already doing that. I was curious what the rest of the community does/has done.

Inactive

I think the best approach is to use this forum and others like it to research surgeons, talk to former patients, look at their work, etc. Then once you narrow it down to your top 3-5 or so choices, start reaching out to set up either in-person consultations (if you live close enough) or virtual consultations via Skype or something of the sort. Be educated on hair transplants and be capable of asking them questions that will really help you make an informed decision. These surgeons can also put you into touch with former patients of theirs that will speak to you on the phone, or maybe even meet you in person. I found this to be one of the most valuable tools I had when finalizing my decision.

Once you speak to each of the surgeons, that's when you'll get the best idea for how you should proceed. You'll get to see their different recommendations, weigh the pros and cons of each of their desired approaches, and really get a feel for who they are as people. To be honest, once all the diligent research is done on the front end, I really do believe that the final decision is going to come down to trusting your gut and going with the surgeon you simply have the best feeling about. There is no one size fits all surgeon for every patient and no magic formula to give you on how to choose one, as incredible as that would be. It will ultimately come down to following your instincts and going with the surgeon you yourself have the best feeling about.

I hope that's of some help - and I wish you luck in your pursuit.

Btw - Not sure of what part of CA you're in, but Dr. Mohebi is in LA and will be having a free Open House on Saturday, 10/29/16 from 3-5pm if that's something you would be interested in.

I think most people pick their surgeons through a complex process. They look at the surgeons website. They read Internet boards like this one. They watch videos on YouTube. Eventually, they either have an in person or online consult or consults. A lot of this has to do with fit. You've got to feel comfortable with the surgeon. You got to feel comfortable with their track record. You got to feel comfortable with their results. If you're not totally comfortable on the day of the surgery, don't do it.

Thanks, Driver. I hadn't considered YouTube as a good source!