+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi again Icebald! Jasonjames answered well to you my friend!!
    (good job Jason')
    Icebald, I have to get to work now BUT after work I will get back on here and respond to you much better,,I do care buddy!! Cheers.

hey Dude , do not worry you do have pretty good donor area unlike me (https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...want-to-get-HT) you can have very good result in the hands of professional. currently i am in contact with Dr. Tayfun and decided to go and very good luck to you. Prevention is important thats why i am going to start to use propecia

As someone who got a transplant around your age, I personally wouldn't do it. Mine turned out "fine" but it's not awesome and I do wish I would have just let my hair naturally recede a bit intead of having an artificial hairline and hair that I constantly have to worry about and can't buzz if I'd like to (strip scar).

Go on propecia for now and wait. Shaving your head is just a far better idea if you start to lose hair. Women really dont' care as much about hair as many people are led to believe. You'll eventually lose more through your life and if something happens this isn't like a bad tattoo where you can just wear something over it. Its in your daily view for life.

Quote Originally Posted by verdot View Post
    As someone who got a transplant around your age, I personally wouldn't do it. Mine turned out "fine" but it's not awesome and I do wish I would have just let my hair naturally recede a bit intead of having an artificial hairline and hair that I constantly have to worry about and can't buzz if I'd like to (strip scar).

Go on propecia for now and wait. Shaving your head is just a far better idea if you start to lose hair. Women really dont' care as much about hair as many people are led to believe. You'll eventually lose more through your life and if something happens this isn't like a bad tattoo where you can just wear something over it. Its in your daily view for life.
    Who was your doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Who was your doctor?
    I went to Rahal, years ago around 08. He does good work on many people. My issue with the whole thing is that these procedures are done on people way too young who are insecure that they're maturing, their hair is thinning or simply maturing (as was my case in the front, and it wasn't that bad), and instead of suggesting all of the non surgical options, surgeries are the first thing suggested and the real lasting effects aren't really disclosed. My scar healed well but I'll always have to get an all scissors cut. My procedure was frontal hairline work and side grew in slightly less dense than the other probably because of shock loss on that side (a risk that wasn't disclosed) and I just don't really feel like doing it again to get it "perfect" because no one I know cares that much about my hair as much as I used to. These issues are just things that can happen and especially as a person ages into their 50s and beyond, there's a high likelihood for things to start to look off. Its a short term solution with long term risks and the potential for having to keep going back if you get loss in the future. Unless your hairloss looks exceptionally strange, I think the downsides outweighs many of the benefits for people.

Now if you're if you have a high chance of going total loss like the photos I see here, you're going to need a lot of donor hair and will never get full density. I just don't know why you'd want a full head of thinly spaced out hair and would wait awhile and see how people would react to having a shorter cut. I think in time you'd find it to be liberating.

I went to Rahal, years ago around 08. He does good work on many people. My issue with the whole thing is that these procedures are done on people way too young who are insecure that they're maturing, their hair is thinning or simply maturing (as was my case in the front, and it wasn't that bad), and instead of suggesting all of the non surgical options, surgeries are the first thing suggested and the real lasting effects aren't really disclosed. My scar healed well but I'll always have to get an all scissors cut. My procedure was frontal hairline work and side grew in slightly less dense than the other probably because of shock loss on that side (a risk that wasn't disclosed) and I just don't really feel like doing it again to get it "perfect" because no one I know cares that much about my hair as much as I used to. These issues are just things that can happen and especially as a person ages into their 50s and beyond, there's a high likelihood for things to start to look off. Its a short term solution with long term risks and the potential for having to keep going back if you get loss in the future. Unless your hairloss looks exceptionally strange, I think the downsides outweighs many of the benefits for people.

Now if you're if you have a high chance of going total loss like the photos I see here, you're going to need a lot of donor hair and will never get full density. I just don't know why you'd want a full head of thinly spaced out hair and would wait awhile and see how people would react to having a shorter cut. I think in time you'd find it to be liberating.
    Do you have before and after photos for your procedure?

Of course, but my specific result is not the issue. I am making a greater point here that transplants in general are not a magic bullet solution as many people believe, and they can carry lasting effects that aren't often fully realized especially with people in their 20s and people should put a lot of thought into what they are about to do to themselves, I believe this to be the case with any cosmetic surgery as the concerns of the person wanting them more often stem from personal insecurities rather than real physical problems. I stress not rushing into it.

Of course, but my specific result is not the issue. I am making a greater point here that transplants in general are not a magic bullet solution as many people believe, and they can carry lasting effects that aren't often fully realized especially with people in their 20s and people should put a lot of thought into what they are about to do to themselves, I believe this to be the case with any cosmetic surgery as the concerns of the person wanting them more often stem from personal insecurities rather than real physical problems. I stress not rushing into it.
    I agree, but ultimately once you've selected a good doctor you're better off with a transplant than without.

At this age, hold off surgery if you can. Try to eat and be healthy as possible. Start taking meds with doctor supervision and if your body allows it.

Never get surgery when you have tons of native hair like you have. Trust me, things can be worse and turn out worse. You do not want to chase repairs and be harmed physically and emotionally due to the destruction it can bring if not done correctly or without a proper surgical protocol. There are quite a few folks with similar concerns as you that didnt end up to well. Some are still chasing repairs. Ive spoken to tons. From shockloss, to donor depletion, to scarring etc. not to mention massive times out if work and away from family to go through with this. Things are not properly disclosed by some docs amongst other things. Its not as transparent as youd think. Don't fall for any marketing traps either.

Seriously, you are lucky to be in the state you are now. Very blessed vs what could happen.

Some folks wish they could turn back time and never get in that chair in the 1st place. I really wish you the best and really hope you think this really hard. See patients that had similar concerns and similar procedure types and see how they end up. Lots of folks request and some see my scalp all the time up close.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    At this age, hold off surgery if you can. Try to eat and be healthy as possible. Start taking meds with doctor supervision and if your body allows it.

Never get surgery when you have tons of native hair like you have. Trust me, things can be worse and turn out worse. You do not want to chase repairs and be harmed physically and emotionally due to the destruction it can bring if not done correctly or without a proper surgical protocol. There are quite a few folks with similar concerns as you that didnt end up to well. Some are still chasing repairs. Ive spoken to tons. From shockloss, to donor depletion, to scarring etc. not to mention massive times out if work and away from family to go through with this. Things are not properly disclosed by some docs amongst other things. Its not as transparent as youd think. Don't fall for any marketing traps either.

Seriously, you are lucky to be in the state you are now. Very blessed vs what could happen.

Some folks wish they could turn back time and never get in that chair in the 1st place. I really wish you the best and really hope you think this really hard. See patients that had similar concerns and similar procedure types and see how they end up. Lots of folks request and some see my scalp all the time up close.
    So what about spending your youth as a balding man, during the time when you care about your looks the most?
    Then when do you recommend getting a HT done?