artistry concepts - BaldTruthTalk.com
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thumbs up artistry concepts

hi I have a old scar on the back of my head running from ear to ear is white now and just a little red I was thinking of going to artistry concepts to cover up my scar. There are a lot of people against cosmetic tattoos but I want to hear from people who actually went to AC or no someone who went there specifically instead of someone who got a tattoo from somewhere else. I only heard of one person saying her husband got a bad tattoo from there but she also said that he had a raised scar from multiple scar revisions. That topic is on the hair loss forum I want to join that site but cant figure out how to do so. Also if any for you could tell me how to join it would be appreciated. I asked a plastic surgeon about lasers to reduce scar and he said it had too much of a chance to screw up the scar and make it worse. Let me know what you think!!

As do I! Thanks for posting.

hi. i was also thinking about AC, but decided to have a consult with someone in NYC. My consult is tomorrow with a place called the Whitney Center. The person doing the work is Melan Whitney. If I like what I see, they will schedule an appt to do the work sometime in the end of May. Does anyone know anything about Melany Whitney?

My concerns with AC are: 1) they are not really affiliated with any plastic surgeons, 2) the guy is not a makeup artist (he's a tattoo artist), 3) there is very little information on the type if "ink" / pigment he is using and 4) he works out of his home (so i hear).

Not saying that AC is bad (I don't know) but Melany's operations seems more professional/legit.

Thoughts?

I don't know too much about Melan Whitney, but I have just recently had the Artistry Concepts hybrid method completed on myself. I can tell you AC is LEGIT. I am confident AC is better than any makeup artist you would consider to fix hairloss. The owner has a patent on his method and makes his own ink. He has been in this line of work for 20-30 years. That's pretty credible.

I've had my new look for 2 months now and NOBODY has noticed that I had any work done. This is the most important aspect to me. No more stress!

If your skeptical of AC, I would advise you to check out the Testimonial portion of their website. It is full of reactions to the AC procedure from men with no obligation to speak for AC. In other words its real talk, no bull. This is where I found my confidence to get the procedure done, and I am so happy that I did!

I had my consult with Melany Whitney from the Whitney Center - not a good choice. Her staff was rude and she was unwilling to answer questions....which is always a bad sign.

I have not found someone to perform my micropigmentation scar camouflage yet as I am very concerned with getting someone who is qualified and honest. For what it is worth, here are my thoughts on artistry concepts:

testimonials are great, but can easily be falsified. pictures would be more helpful and a phone conversation (or meeting) with an actual client would be even more helpful.

concerned with anyone who claims that they "make their own ink" and is willing to insert it into the body without a third party approving the ink/pigment. (same concern with their special instrumentation)

concerned with anyone who would make a business model from tattooing dots over someone's entire scalp. for donor scar cover up, it is acceptable. as a remedy for hair loss...it borders on unethical services.

question why no one who has had the procedure performed by AC has posted pictures on third party forums (not AC's website). generally, if they were thrilled with the results they would make others aware.

concerned with the lack of affiliation with any reputable doctors (cosmetic surgeons, hair transplant offices, etc.).

concern about working from home.

In conclusion, while my search continues, I am unlikely to consider AC for the above reasons. For all of you out there, I honestly don't care if you chose to go to AC or not....I don't have a horse in this race. Just someone who is getting my opinion out there to provoke real thought from people in a similar situation.

My path will likely take me to one of the best micropigmentologist in the country as I am confident that is my best option. When selecting someone they should be willing to:

perform a test patch
    discuss how scar tissue is diff with respect to pigment
    answer all your questions (ink, needles, expectations, number of procedures, etc.)
    provide at least 1 client with whom you can speak
    provide photos and indicate how many scar camouflages they have done

best of luck....

I’ve said this before but tattooing your scalp is a really bad idea on several levels, but if someone does decide to do it it should be for very small areas, like scars and such. One place that I think looks very shady is artistry concepts. They seem to be creeping up on all of the forums and the posts look like spam to me. Their website is extremely unprofessional too. Shady!

Thumbs up THX we should keep in touch to help each other out

Hi thank you all for your thoughts. I am happy to hear from you guys!! I wrote several emails to AC and they said that since I live so far away form their location it might be best to try something more locally, since I am just doing the scar they said pigment doesn't always take the first time into the scar if at all. AC said first they would match the color of the scar with the surrounding skin and then 2 weeks later do the dot procedure to mimic hair growing.

I think I would be a good candidate for micropigmintation because my scar is several years old now and it is not raised or swollen. I also did not damage my scar further with any other scar revisions. AC was very professional with there responses not trying to get money from me like HT doctors.(dr. micheal sheps) I am going to go to a micropigmintation place that I hear is good and just talk to them and hear what they have to say. If I dont like what they have to say I might just invest time and money and go to AC, because every scar is different but I think for my scar old thin white and not raised micropigmintation is my best option. Ill keep you guys posted, We should all keep in touch and help each other out!!

(Bobby A, did you do the scar procedure or just the ac procedure for balding.)

Default about Artistry Concepts...

Has anyone actually gone there and tried this? I've been emailing them and I think about doing this every day but I'm a little skeptical still. Plus I live in California and the idea of flying to Florida with not really knowing what to expect sounds scary and costly....ANY IDEAS anyone???? thank you

Have you heard/learned anything more about AC? Does anyone else do this who isn't on the east coast? (I'm in soCal) Thanks...

Thumbs down

You would have to be out of your mind to have this done and to travel across the country to tattoo your head would be even more ridiculous!